Bars for pre dinner Christmas drinks at Crown

Hi all… looking at booking a restaurant at Crown for Christmas work function, (only a small one) but sitting times are 6:30 or 8:30.

Thinking of booking the 8:30 and getting in a bit earlier for a drink or two but I have no idea about bars at crown. I’m looking for nice bar, (not a club) where you can sit, order a drink, maybe something to snack on and leave without booking anything formal. Would love any suggestions from people in the know.

Cheers, Benny.

I recommend two hours at the roulette table in order to determine how the rest of the night pans out.

Look elsewhere. Crown is crap.

Look elsewhere. Crown is crap.

Crown is so crap people suicide there.

Conservatory end is nice, but that’s about it.

Go up to the terrace on the first floor across from the Sports Bar.

Yep there are smokers but it has a good bar, great views and you cannot hear all the poker machine noise.

But the flames are so pretty.

Only bar at Crown I would recommend is the Atrium which b_g was hinting at.

I notice that the Star Hotel in Clarendon St is re-opening.

There’s a zillion good bars in Melbourne. Zero at Crown.

Ask Humbert Humbert. He is the king of good Melbourne bars.

You wouldn’t only go to crown if you wanted to get your head kicked in by some wannabe kickboxer security guard. The place is the ■■■■■■■■ of Melbourne and should be destroyed.

Is this thread panning out how the OP invisioned?

I thought Benny was inviting us out from the thread title, just was asking which one we wanted to meet at.

Went to Crown complex for a Xmas breakup once, but did it the other way around … chowed at Wolfgang Pucks … (so- so). Then hit the … I think it was the Mercury something… Lounge?

Anyway, I had a ball. It was the night I found that extreme chili for dinner, then Wild Turkey & Coke, make for a really good time.

Hasn’t Warnie and a few of his mates got a bar there?

You wouldn't only go to crown if you wanted to get your head kicked in by some wannabe kickboxer security guard. The place is the ■■■■■■■■ of Melbourne and should be destroyed.
No no no, must be kept. It serves as an excellent containment zone for fkwits
Hasn't Warnie and a few of his mates got a bar there?

Yep.

It’s definitely Warnie, he is Crown to a tee.

$9 beers and a roulette table.

Is this thread panning out how the OP invisioned?

??? Good question. Crown sux yeah man

I’ll wager it’s not.

I will also get my coat.

Hi all... looking at booking a restaurant at Crown for Christmas work function, (only a small one) but sitting times are 6:30 or 8:30.

Thinking of booking the 8:30 and getting in a bit earlier for a drink or two but I have no idea about bars at crown. I’m looking for nice bar, (not a club) where you can sit, order a drink, maybe something to snack on and leave without booking anything formal. Would love any suggestions from people in the know.

Cheers, Benny.

Whenever I have to go to crown I go to the Lagerfield Bar for drinks, just a bar with some chairs and tables, an outside bit for smokers, sport on the TV’s.

Just my 2c