Baulderstone

BALZ-OF-STONE!

Any youtube footage?

Any youtube footage?

Too big for the screen.

I assume this is the case, it would make sense, but are drafts and list lodgement dates such that we can earmark 2 ruckmen we like as rookies, pick the better with our last (non-Long pick), pick the other one if he's unavailable, then delist Thurlow if it all goes to plan, but if not we pass and give Thurlow another contract?

In other words, go into the rookie draft with a full list, and either pick a ruckman and delist Thurlow, but have Thurlow still on the list knowing we can walk away with a backup ruckman if we weren't happy with what's available?

You’d need to delist Thurlow and then pick him up again if the others were gone.

I think I’d prefer to keep Thurlow alongside someone like Baulderstone, as he (theoretically) has some scope to play forward, which guys like Baulderstone and Tagliabue don’t seem to have.

Any youtube footage?

our next cult figure ruck forward

http://www.afl.com.au/video?guid=698970

Geez, how good is his kick. Get him in. It’s the cherry on top of his ruck work.

It’s time

Really think we should cut Thurow for Baulderstone.

must be done
if he's there it could happen.
the Bassett connection, they trusted him with Fanta so he has credits.
Boulderstone looks like one of those smart footballers as apposed to an athlete trained up. He was big and overweight and still played good footy. That suggests smarts on field. Now he's about the same size as Giles and Tbell
he looks like he ate Lance whitnall.

He is as close to silky as I have seen for a ruckman.

He is as close to silky as I have seen for a ruckman.

Presume you're conveniently banishing the memory of P.Ryder from your mind.

so...whats the knock on him?

Doesn't play tall or take the ball at it's highest point.

may potentially eat the the first to third year players if he falls off the wagon again

Plenty. Still not at optimum fitness, can't jump off the ground in ruck contests, isn't physical enough at stoppages, doesn't clunk marks, isn't a convincing forward.

Pluses. Has shown the commitment and professionalism required, dominated at senior level, kicks the ball like few ruckman can, on his day is almost an extra midfielder and has a strong physique.

Even his biggest supporters such as his current coach see him as a handy back up rather than an emerging AFL standard ruckman in his own right. Take this recent not overly exciting remark by one of Norwood's coaches: "Might find his way onto a list on a needs basis for a club requiring a ruckman."

Obviously the best of the lot (in terms of available rucks).

BRING HIM IN

Triple M said thus morning, that GWS were in talks with him and were also meeting him again today before the draft kicks off....

The poor fella misses out again.

A reply to: @HowManyGoal? regarding QuoteLink

BALZ-OF-STONE!

gallstone

Just a lazy 46 hitouts to go with his 16 possies today, absolutely monstered the ex Kangaroo listed Ben Mabon