Baulderstone

Get the ■■■■ around him.

how likely is he to do blockbuster interviews?

Get the fark around him.

It's impossible not to with gravity of that magnitude!

P.s. Please draft a couple of ruckmen in the national draft Essendon, none of this rookie list oh wait they got stolen crap.

for those that watched him over the last 2 seasons, how do you think he'll make the transition from state footy to league footy in the constant running and getting to multiple contests?

for those that watched him over the last 2 seasons, how do you think he'll make the transition from state footy to league footy in the constant running and getting to multiple contests?

Ive only seen him a couple of times at SANFL level this season but he does seem quite fit. Hardly came off the ground for a break in any of the games, not as quick off the mark as others but seems to have a decent tank and get to all the required contests

Can send the midfield group to an altitude training session running laps of his gut

Baulderstone. Sounds like he's already part of the Colorado countryside!

Boulderstone to Boulder for some altitude training.

Is his first name Kurt?

Knightmare on BF’s view of him:

With the ruckmen it’s a year of don’t bother in the national draft. There is no Grundy or Nankervis in this draft.
Of those I would be prepaired to take as a rookie:
Sam Baulderstone from the SANFL is probably the relatively more interesting as a mature ruckman, but even he isn’t season one ready, skilled, big bodied and productive around the ground as he is.
Darcy Cameron as an overager I don’t dislike either and feel he has some scope to improve and someone who should have been taken last year.
Of the Victorians Mark Kovacevic is probably the more interesting of the ruckmen as someone who is not only a good tap ruckman but can take marks around the ground and at times kick a goal in the front half.
For one reason or another none of these three were invited to the national combine with other ruckmen in the minds of recruiters favoured, but can’t say I agree with the experts on this one.

As a rookie Baulderstone is someone I would recommend clubs consider. There are no other ruckmen this year clearly better. He is in his mid 20s but I’ve liked his improvement from year to year and commitment to losing his weight and improving his game. Given his big leaps forward with each season I’m interested to see how far he can take his development and whether on an AFL list he can become relevant with a few years of development.

When asked how he compares to Mumford:

You’d definitely take Mumford first knowing what he has achieved and Baulderstone still not there or even on an AFL list. [/size]
Baulderstone has better footskills than Mumford. But not the same special ground level player with no one in the game following up like Mumford. [/size]
Baulderstone is a good story as a guy who has lost a whopping amount of weight and has put in the work to first become healthy, but secondly become a very good ruckman. He’s a skilled guy who finds and uses it well. Pretty good ruckman. Can occasionally go forward and hit the scoreboard and that could probably improve with time. What I like with him is his improvement from season to season that has come with his significant weight loss and given the work he has put in and the rate of improvement I do like his scope to continue improving. [/size]
At AFL level he isn’t becoming Mumford but he could with a few years in the system become a handy ruckman whether that be as depth or playing senior games if he continues improving.[/size]

In response to

“KM, do you think Essendon or anyone else will rookie ruck prospect Sam Tagliabue? Starting to hear a bit (probably rumours) of momentum for his name from a few clubs. Excellent size and late bloomer as played more league growing up. A school mate of Breust’s I believe. What are his strengths and what does he need to work on?”

Tagliabue was invited to the state combine so it’s possible a small number of clubs may be considering him as a rookie. He is a big guy and relatively good tap ruckman but struggles some around the ground, with his ball use and also needs to become better as a forward - needing to take more marks and provide greater scoreboard impact. [/size]
If you want a mature ruckman this year Sam Baulderstone from the SANFL is the guy for me. Not a round one immediate player but Baulderstone is my pick as a late bloomer who has shown rapid improvement and significant weight loss from year to year and is a really skilled guy who can find the footy around the ground and use it well while also being a sound tap ruckman. I like the volume of work and commitment to his footy he has shown in recent seasons and given his yearly improvement he is someone I would back in to continue that improvement and have a shot at with a couple of preseasons to become an AFL relevant ruckman.[/size]

Just another point of view. Seems to think he’s good enough to select, but seems to have his doubts over how AFL ready he is.

#BRINGINBOULDERSTONE

John Ironmonger Version 2.1

BRING HIM IN

Is his first name Kurt?

magic like stars.

I hope we draft Hornibrook as well...is that his missus?

bh.jpg

We won't get this bloke, Bellch + Giles + Thurlow + Tagliabue or someone else if Tags unavailable.

We won't get this bloke, Bellch + Giles + Thurlow + Tagliabue or someone else if Tags unavailable.

If Tagliabue is gone, why wouldn't Baulderstone be in the sights for a rookie spot? Especially if clubs take some of the other talent with late ND picks/rookie picks before ours. The rucks are meant to be pretty thin on the ground this year.

What about as a Full Forward?

Really think we should cut Thurow for Baulderstone.

Really think we should cut Thurow for Baulderstone.

must be done

if he's there it could happen.

the Bassett connection, they trusted him with Fanta so he has credits.

Boulderstone looks like one of those smart footballers as apposed to an athlete trained up. He was big and overweight and still played good footy. That suggests smarts on field. Now he's about the same size as Giles and Tbell

BIGBAULDY.