BB King Dead

I remember seeing him live here in Perth when he supported U2 back in the late 1980’s.

It was a real pleasure to see him play…heaven’s band just got a whole lot better.

Legendary blues guitarist, singer and songwriter BB King has died aged 89.

Attorney Brent Bryson said his client died peacefully in his sleep at his home in Las Vegas.

King took the blues from rural juke joints to the mainstream and influenced a generation of rock guitarists from Eric Clapton to Stevie Ray Vaughan.

King will always be linked with the Gibson guitars he named Lucille.

He was born Riley B King on September 16, 1925 in Mississippi to sharecroppers but was raised by his grandmother.

As a child, King sang in a gospel choir and bought his first guitar at the age of 12.

King was well-known for When Love Comes to Town and Since I Met You Baby.

Rolling Stone magazine ranked him number six on its 2011 list of the 100 greatest guitarists of all time.

Ahh…real sad about this.
I love BB. He made me love blues, and play blues.
I hope Lucille goes with him.
Wonderful man, will miss him.

R.I.P. Great artist

The Thrill is Gone

The Thrill is Gone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPeWe2peSDI

Signature.

Some guitar magazine put it best. His influence is such that there is no “King Style” there is just The Blues.

Bags next king of BB.

Probably had enough of Steven Segal and his Thunderbox (yes his blues band is called Thunderbox).

Vale BBKing. Another great bites the dust.

Also saw him supporting at the last U2 concert I attended. Was just amazing.

Saw him on the Us tour, and prior to that l also saw him at the dreaded Festival Hall, with his full band, 13 piece IIRC. He was resplendent in a dinner suit and bow tie. People talk about his guitar playing more than his singing, but he was a very expressive vocalist. Rolling Stone magazine years ago promoted a debate about which King of the Blues, was the best, Albert, B.B. or Freddie. Why? There is room enough in the world of music for all 3 to be kings.

This passing has been expected for a couple of weeks, ever since he went into hospital for diabetes and then had a heart attack. Just a marvellous musician and l look forward to Hollywood telling his life story one day. Make it soon.

Deserves to be considered amongst the great guitarists of all time.

RIP.

It’s hard to understate the influence of BB. He pioneered string bending on guitar, which is the most emotive of techniques. There isn’t a rock, blues, country or jazz guitarist who hasn’t been influenced by him, whether they know it or not.

The greatest

“Las Vegas police have launched an investigation into the death of BB King after allegations he was poisoned” being reported on news.com.au…

How strange!