BBFFL#2 2017 Discussion

Understand the frustration at failing to be as good as me. You enjoy 9th.

2 Likes

I think you mean “for the opportunity to be bundled out in week one of finals”…

2 Likes

I didn’t want your support anyway.

I will always be team Bix

1 Like

I’m a stats nerd too (thus why I think I have Bix’s hitching of his wagon to me). I just don’t publicise my love of stats here. Bix and I learnt from Leathlean and Simkiss and keep it private in the DM section…

2 Likes

Me and melk were the heavyweights of this competition for 3 years. I have a soft spot for his side now that I’m no good and no competition, lol

3 Likes

Late season injuries have pretty much put paid to me of having a chance to pinch a game or two in the finals and as it’s turned out i would have preferred to have missed.

Cripps, Wingard, Lever, Spurr and to a lesser extent Wood and Parfitt leave me as an easy beat.

Injuries are causing issues everywhere meaning depth will be super important. In the last few rounds alone I’ve lost Lyons while @Bargey has lost Pendlebury and @smooth has lost Walters for the the some or the remainder of the season.

What a shame.

Straight sets for Barge?

Pre finals trade period?

I really like this comment as straights sets would see me winning a final.

Good luck with that, I’ll be back near full strength next week. I look forward to RB knocking you out of the Top 4 this week, then you going straight out the week after.

If Seedsman makes the 22 I’m expecting a Seedsman Times from @TrevorBix. Could go some way to redeeming his annus horrible season.

Last flurry of activity on free agents this week. I probably would have snagged Ahern next week if @Stoops didnt get in first.

1 Like

Yeah Ahern was a good get. Missed him completely looking through the list yesterday.

Happy to grab Jordan Dawson for the future though. His NEAFL DT average this year of 137 from 11 games is absurd. Fingers crossed he kicks on in the pre-season.

1 Like

BBFFL#2 Round 17 Review

51 Bewick made it 4 straight wins with a win over Westozziebomber. This was the first time in 7 attempts that 51 Bewick has knocked over WOB, leaving Smooth as the only active BBFFL#2 coach he is yet to defeat (from 6 matches).

Bargey managed to chalk up another win despite scoring his 2nd lowest score for the season. His score of 1471 was only higher than the 1452 scored in Round 4. Overall this was his 66th lowest (or 53rd highest score). Overall Bargey’s lowest score remains 1019 from Round 17 2014. This win also stretched Bargey’s record winning streak out to 14.

Birch19 had his 3rd lowest score for the season in his 4th consecutive loss. His score of 1241 only ranks above 1218 scored in Round 3 and 1171 in Round 10 from this season. Overall this was 27th lowest score (88th highest). Overall Birch19’s score remains 1081 from Round 15 2014. Having lost 4 on the trot Birch19 has equalled his longest losing streak. He previously has lost 4 straight on two other occasions from Round 5 to Round 8 in 2015 and again from Round 19 2015 to Round 3 2016.

Cafegerat went down to No. 5 who he is still winless against after 5 matchups. The only other coach to win 5 matches against Cafegerat is The Melkman who also has 5-0 record. Cafegerat currently has a positive winning record over TrevorBix 4-2 and Ivan 1-0 (also was 3-1 verses Pazza), while he is 2-2 up against Westozziebomber.

Come Back Hirdy has lost back to back matches for the first time this season. After 17 matches this season Come Back HIrdy is yet to have won or lost more than 2 in a row. His record winning streak is 5 (Rounds 10 to 14 2015) and record losing streak is 11 (Rounds 4 to 14 2013).

Don to Death’s winning streak ended at 4 for the second time this year – having previously won from Round 7 to 10. His record winning streak remains at 10 from the first 10 rounds of 2013.

Eggs bounced back from his record low score in Round 16 to return to the winners list. This has meant he has split his last 6 matches at 3-3.

Ivan’s scoring continues to tumble. After setting a new low score in Round 16 with 1018 he has gone even lower by slipping into triple figures for the first time with a score of only 956. In Pazza’s 95 games as a BBFFL#2 coach he scored lower than 956 on 10 occasions. This loss means Ivan has now lost 13 straight.

No. 5 returned to the winners list by defeating Cafegerat, ending 3 straight losses. The win came despite a new season low score of 1276, which was also his 21st lowest all time score (98th highest). This was No. 5’s lowest score since scoring 1236 in Round 2 2016. His all time low score is 1097 from Round 1 2015.

Redbull continued his run of scoring above 1500. His score of 1517 made it 9 straight weeks of achieving this feat. Despite having the 2nd highest score for the round he was unable to defeat Smooth. This is only the 2nd time in a BBFFL#2 home and away match that the 2nd highest weekly score hasn’t results in the win. The previous occasion was in Round 4 this year when Wezza achieved the feat also against Smooth. Redbull’s losing score of 1517 was the 11th highest losing BBFFL#2 score, with The Melkman owning this record – 1610 vs Smooth in the 2015 Qualifying Final.

Saladin scored his lowest total for the season in Round 17. His score of 1185 was his lowest score since scoring 1165 in Round 19 2016. Overall it was his 10th lowest score (67th highest). His record low score remains the 1047 scored in Round 19 2015. Prior to Round 17, the 1231 scored in Round 15 was his lowest total for 2017.

Silly Billy continued his turn around in form by winning another match, making it 5 wins from his last 8. His score of 1416 was his 3rd highest for the season, only behind 1511 scored in Round 16 and 1543 scored in Round 9.

Smooth made it 10 wins on the trot in knocking over Redbull. It was also his 3rd straight score of 1600 or higher. The aggregate score of 3170 from this match was the 7th highest in BBFFL#2 history, with the record aggregate (3322) coming in Round 12 this year when Bargey 1743 defeated RedBull 1579.

Stoops stopped his losing streak at 3 with his victory over Saladin. This will be the first BBFFL#2 season that Stoops has failed to make the finals. This leaves only Smooth with a perfect record of having played finals each season. This season Redbull will become the last of the founding coaches to make the finals.

The Melkman was unable to make it 4 straight wins for the first time since 2015. This loss has pushed The Melkman down to 8th as he attempts to bounce back to finals after missing them for the first time in 2016.

TrevorBix returned to the winners list after 4 straight losses. His win over Don to Death came off the back of his 2nd best score for 2017 and his 4th highest overall score. This season 1498 is only behind his record ever score of 1536 which came in Round 2.

Wezza made it 3 straight wins for the 4th time this season (he also lost 3 straight from Rounds 8 to 10). His record winning streak of 12 was from Round 8 to the Qualifying Final in 2016.

Westozziebomber poor season continued with another loss, making it 15 losses from 17 rounds. Remarkably every other reining BBFFL#2 premier has ended the following season as a losing Preliminary Finalist - Westozziebomber 2013, The Melkman 2014, Smooth 2015 and Bargey 2016, meaning Westozziebomber will create history by becoming the first reining premier to miss the finals.

3 Likes

■■■■■■ hoarders…

1 Like

ffs Priddis retiring with a year to run on his contract

Well that trade hasn’t turned out well for me…

pretty tempted to throw a cat amongst the finals pigeons and delist him this week. Would be an interesting FA selection if he returns after this week.

Sounds like you should have used your 1st on Riewoldt/Hodge/Montagna :wink:

1 Like

Another complication is you making finals.