BBFFL#2 2017 Discussion

Welcome again to BBFFL#2 for 2017. We have now completed 5 seasons and have our first multiple premiership winning coach with Westozziebomber adding his 2016 flag to his win in the inaugural 2012 season. So far great work with the signing up on UF – we have 15 coaches already having done so. The only ones yet to register for this season are Westozziebomber, Smooth and Pazza. I will follow them up individually if they haven’t signed up in the next couple of days.

As you will most likely have seen trading is underway and will continue until 6pm on 3 March – so just under a month of trading remains. All positions listed in UF are now finalised, with some changes to occur during the season.

The key dates for this year are as follows:

KEY AFL DATES
JLT Community Series 16 February to 12 March
Round 1 commences 23 March

KEY BBFFL#2 DATES
Final trades to be finalised by 6pm 3 March
Squads to be trimmed to 20 by 8pm 5 March
Morning of 6th March a spreadsheet with available players will be circulated
Draft to commence from midday on 6 March
Draft to be completed by Tuesday 21 March
Partial Lockout for Round 1 at 7.20pm Thursday 23 March

Once again we will still complete the draft on Blitz. Although its a little more admin, as you know I like the tradition of using the forum given it was what helped to create the league. The final spreadsheet with available players will be sent out prior to the draft for everyone to use. I should be able to update Ultimate Footy as we go as well, meaning squads can be tracked there are well. As we have done in past years, texting can be used if necessary. If you know you are going to be away for a period of time to leave contingencies with someone, there will be plenty of volunteers to take them on your behalf.

For our keepers my preference is for you to select your 20 keepers in UF rather than posting in Blitz. Any trades that take place will not be reflected immediately on UF and I will add the players once the keepers are finalised. Anyone wishing to list a LTI will have to do so prior to the commencement of the draft in order to get a pick in the post draft ‘LTI Draft’. Otherwise you will have to wait until the first free agency period to acquire a replacement.

Once again, good luck to all the coaches in 2017 the year of the Bulls and as always let me know if you have any questions or issues.

My team was the bottom of the ladder with no concessions when I took over last year. I dont recall getting any extra assistance so why should someone else?

If this gets put through to help a mate, I’m out. You keep 20 players anyway and draft the rest so why should someone else get extra picks.

Also if we were able to keep more of our squad, my response would be slightly different as you can build through the draft.

I’ll need to leave lots of contingencies to avoid slowing the draft, as I’m living overseas. I don’t suppose there is a friendly BBFF#1 coach who’d help me out with this?

I can help you out if you like Eggs.

Yep. I can help if needed too. Until really late in draft, our picks are fairly separated.

I’m happy to help out eggs.

yeah I am in a conference for the entire draft, I should be good to do the research etc, but I will need a helper if I am going to be quick about it.

Happy to help where I can

Thanks all, I’ll put a list together just before the draft and share with someone.

Big ask Redbull, but is there any chance the positions in the Current Squads thread could be updated please?
Cancel that. Just saw the listing on the Trade Discussion Thread :slight_smile:

Any word on when existing squads will be uploaded to UF?

Any word on when existing squads will be uploaded to UF?

You should be able to see your squad when you log on except for any players you have traded for.

The league won’t go live until we have all 18 coaches signed up. @smooth and @westozbomber we are waiting for you!

Big ask Redbull, but is there any chance the positions in the Current Squads thread could be updated please? Cancel that. Just saw the listing on the Trade Discussion Thread :)

That will have to do for as I’m overseas for the next 10 days.

Under My Team I have no players currently. Am I looking in the wrong spot somehow? :slight_smile:

Under My Team I have no players currently. Am I looking in the wrong spot somehow? :)

If you go to nominate keepers it will show you your current squad.

is there just the one league going for this?

never played before but very keen to have a crack

Nope there is 2. If you are interested you can PM Redbull or Dunlop ( commissioners of each league) and they can pop you on an a waiting list list if any coaches retire.

cheers

Under My Team I have no players currently. Am I looking in the wrong spot somehow? :)

If you go to nominate keepers it will show you your current squad.

Thanks Redbull :slight_smile:

So we have lost a coach for 2017. Pazza has decided to hand over the reins. I am currently in discussions with a potential replacement and one of the problems I see is where the squad for this team actually sits. Therefore I am looking at some options to ‘improve the BBFFL#2’ experience for the new coach. A couple of potential ways of doing this are:

-allowing a one off allowance to cut the squad back to 17 or 18 and then either

1. Taking the replacement picks from the delisted existing players prior to the draft
  2. Giving the new coach extra picks at the end of the first, second and third rounds (depending on the list size granted consession). These picks could also be traded which would therefore allow the new coach to look to trade for experience

Clearly this is unprecedented and not something I envisage us doing again. Unfortunately the squad has never been given the best chance to succeed and we now need to provide some incentive to the new coach in order for them to feel equal and welcome.

Please let me know your thoughts, including any suggestions for assisting the new coach.