BBFFL#2 2019 Discussion

When I give my Flag acceptance speech you’ll definitely be mentioned at some point.

1 Like

Also pleasing to have Johanisen and Hooker back into the side for the first time this year.

2 Likes

BBFFL#2 Round 4 Preview
redbull (12) vs Birch19 (6)
UF Prediction: redbull 1402 Birch19 1410
Head to Head: redbull 6 Birch19 2
Last time: redbull 1507 Defeated Birch19 1483 Round 12 2018
Form: redbull WLL Birch19 WWL
Last week: redbull 1370 Birch19 1271
Season Average: redbull 1379 Birch19 1425

Don to Death (15) vs saladin (7)
UF Prediction: Don to Death 1330 saladin 1437
Head to Head: Don to Death 5 saladin 2
Last time: Don to Death 1421 Defeated saladin 1391 Round 6 2018
Form: Don to Death LLL saladin LWW
Last week: Don to Death 1285 saladin 1452
Season Average: Don to Death 1297 saladin 1384

Wezza (1) vs No. 5 (4)
UF Prediction: Wezza 1563 No. 5 1417
Head to Head: Wezza 8 No. 5 3
Last time: Wezza 1410 Defeated No. 5 1318 Round 18 2018
Form: Wezza WWW No. 5 WLW
Last week: Wezza 1675 No. 5 1407
Season Average: Wezza 1582 No. 5 1471

Crazy Bomber (3) vs The Melkman (11)
UF Prediction: Crazy Bomber 1317 The Melkman 1378
Head to Head: Never previously met
Form: Crazy Bomber WWW The Melkman WLL
Last week: Crazy Bomber 1237 The Melkman 1437
Season Average: Crazy Bomber 1182 The Melkman 1428

Stoops (8) vs maxx (17)
UF Prediction: Stoops 1268 maxx 1154
Last week: Stoops 1205 maxx 1168
Season Average: Stoops 1286 maxx 1163

TrevorBix (9) vs Ivan (14)
UF Prediction: TrevorBix 1274 Ivan 1302
Head to Head: TrevorBix 2 Ivan 0
Last time: TrevorBix 1239 Defeated Ivan 1200 Round 3 2018
Form: TrevorBix LWW Ivan LLW
Last week: TrevorBix 1288 Ivan 1253
Season Average: TrevorBix 1269 Ivan 1256

The Ant (10) vs Laverde2Langford (16)
UF Prediction: The Ant 1275 Laverde2Langford 1331
Form: The Ant LWW Laverde2Langford LLL
Last week: The Ant 1244 Laverde2Langford 1211
Season Average: The Ant 1247 Laverde2Langford 1173

cafegerat (13) vs Fogdog (18)
UF Prediction: cafegerat 1308 Fogdog 1372
Form: cafegerat WLL Fogdog LLL
Last week: cafegerat 1387 Fogdog 1035
Season Average: cafegerat 1310 Fogdog 1083

Match of the Round
Come Back Hirdy (5) vs Aceman (2)
UF Prediction: Come Back Hirdy 1324 Aceman 1291
Head to Head: Come Back Hirdy 0 Aceman 1
Last time: Come Back Hirdy 1318 Lost to Aceman 1582 Round 8 2018
Form: Come Back Hirdy LWW Aceman WWW
Last week: Come Back Hirdy 1433 Aceman 1479
Season Average: Come Back Hirdy 1427 Aceman 1365

1 Like

Seriously wondering if Mills is never going to hit the FF heights that he probably should. Sydney show zero willingness to change up their midfield or style of play.

1 Like

Amazing that Mills hasn’t gone into the midfield permanently. Longmire seems happy to run with a batch of slow old types in there. Maybe we should offer them Myers?

Going into the midfield doesn’t always guarantee better FF results and playing in the backline is one of the easiest places to get cheap easy kicks.

In your case though i think Mills would prolly score better in the midfield, maybe a wing, as Sydney use Lloyd mostly for kick ins and the kick out of defense. Mills seems to have to earn his kicks as opposed to having them fed to him.

Maybe if Sydney’s season is in dire straights or virtually over they might go young and give new roles to players.

1 Like

I thought Rowbottom was a big chance to debut for them this week. Would give them some pace away from the stoppages and played well last week in the Neafl. But no, that is not the Sydney way. Instead, the ancient McVeigh gets replaced with the similar Jack and they just plod on with a fast failing style of game.

And yes, they don’t tend to set Mills up as the spare, his is a more accountable role.

1 Like

I don’t know why, really, as I don’t think he’s a great kick.

Still, as long as it keeps Lloyd’s average above 120 and makes Sydney a worse side, I’m not complaining.

1 Like

Clearly I am off my coaching this season. For some reason I had overlooked that both Sam Lloyd and Jack Martin were CFs. I was certain I was going to have a 0 in the midfield with Gibbs out, but fortunately I now have cover. My only issue is I put Tom McCartin at Emg 1 which means if a forward is late withdrawl I cop the zero.

Gonna be a close one for us I think. Backline depth being severely tested at the moment.

1 Like

Hope I can push you. There was consideration to you getting your third match of the round in a row.

Sheesh.

Beams another late out.

Jack Ross, my final selection in this recent draft, will now make his AFL and league2 debut. Good luck kid, I need you to deliver on my faith in you. No pressure…lol.

I’m concerned that Ward playing his first game in two months, and Ross playing his first ever, will leave me exposed. Acres has been in poor form so I’m backing Ross. I’ll probably get that horribly wrong, but thems the breaks.

Don’t worry fog, you’re playing me, your first w is still on the cards.

Like everyone, I’ve made some horrible draft decisions in putting my list together over four years, but also like everyone I’ve lucked into some gems.

Tom Phillips at Pick 94 of the 2016 draft would be right up there. He’s a funny player because his quiet games are usually outright stinkers, but there’s few of them and overall he’s become very bankable. 132 last night - after I lost Beams before the bounce - just reinforced how good he is for me. It helps offset what will likely be a middling score from Ross on debut. A 60-odd from Ross gives me an average around the tonne from the pair. Of course, Beams tonning up as well would have been preferable, but still.

1 Like

Aargghh!

I’d actually set the team up on Thursday to give Ward this week on the bench to settle back in, but selection and Beams withdrawal meant I shuffled him onto the ground.

And now he’s done and dusted. FFS. I’m not expecting to win this week now.

You’ve had shocking luck this week so if you lose it will be because of your bad luck.

Having said that i’ve had some players waaaay down on averages so far this year and 20 from Gowers last night won’t help and as you said 132 from Phillips is more than handy.

Unfortunately for you they think Ward is an ACL.

1 Like

Some of my Essendon boys have started like a freight train so all is not lost.

1 Like

I will be very happy if they keep it up too.

1 Like

Yes, it’s one of the weird twists in this game, lol. I hope everyone’s Don’s players tonne up every week.

1 Like

And to think I almost dropped Tippa this week. What a game.

2 Likes