BBFFL#2 2019 Discussion

I may be naive but do you think you can pick up a player that averages 75 at pick 35?

He averages 67?

1 Like

Last year.

This year I expect him to return back to the 80s like 2016/17.

1 Like

I thought we were talking facts, not future hypotheticals.

1 Like

You can look at small samples, like just last year or you can look at careers and age bracket and other factors like team performance.

Take out his worst year and best year and he averages over 75.

I suppose you judge Fyfe, Daniher, Greene on just last year?

Surely in keeper leagues you look further than just now. Surely.

I agree with you. I couldnā€™t believe Foggy was throwing him out there - so made an offer myself. But didnā€™t have any decent cards to trade with.

Mate if you wanted him you can target him I donā€™t care, I was giving my opinion and half halfheartedly too. Iā€™m not saying your bad for making an offer.

The facts before me was he played 19 games last year, averaged 67 with only breaking 100 twice, had career low statistics, dropped a few times and has had an injury interrupted pre-season run this summer and I donā€™t think he equipped himself well with the new recruits and played very poorly. Those were the facts laid before me.

He may average 90+ next year or he may struggle to get a game, I donā€™t know.

1 Like

Hoping that the JLT is a good sign that Rockliff is back to his mega-scoring days. Just logged 184 against the 'Roos with 42 touches. Him, Coniglio and Dusty (if he gets back into scoring form) will make a potent midfield core for me.

1 Like

Sure will.

Just a reminder to all coaches. If you want an LTI pick at end of draft, send me a PM with the nomination

1 Like

I have just had a look in UF. 13 of the 18 coaches have selected keepers on there - I havenā€™t done a reconcilation to confirm the numbers selected are right. The 5 still to lodge any keepers are:

@Stoops
@The_Ant
@Laverde2Langford
@TrevorBix
@Aceman

Remember cutoff is 10pm Melb time this evening.

1 Like

Also just a reminder, that the penalty for missing the deadline is the loss of an arm.

3 Likes

Saracen Keepers, 2019 season.

Dayne Beams
Michael Hurley
Darcy Byrne Jones
Callan Ward
Scott Lycett
Jacob Hopper
Zac Merrett
Callum Mills
Tom Phillips
Jack Steele
Jake Stringer
Rowan Marshall
Quinton Narkle
Rory Atkins
Orazio Fantasia
Jack Bowes
Aiden Bonar
Aaron Francis
Caleb Marchbank
Blake Acres

Pretty sure Beams and Ward are the only survivors from TDSpartans era, everyone else has been targetted in trade period or drafted to the club. Iā€™ve let some very good players go in order to do so, but Iā€™ve done it my way and Iā€™m happy with how Iā€™ve done it. Itā€™s certainly ā€œmyā€ list, ā€œmyā€ build and mixes reliable with improvement. But itā€™s time for this list to mature and start delivering.

Stringer and Mills are my barometers. Both overdue for differing reasons.

Notable departures -

George Horlin Smith. 21st player and gave me some headaches for the last spot. But did an ankle last week and ultimately I opted not to keep him.

Marty Gleeson. Gut wrenching to delist Marty, one of my favourite selections from my first FF draft. The ankle injury is a real worry 12 months after the event.

Jordan Roughead. Think heā€™ll actually play regularly for Pies. But Iā€™ve a gut feel on Marshall and wouldnā€™t carry both.

Jonathon Patton . Targetted this bloke in a double trade and at times looked likely to deliver on my strategy. But how many knee recoā€™s can a lad of his size return from?

1 Like

Which arm? This could make a great deal to my love life.

3 Likes

Dennis Armfield.

2 Likes

Plan for the evening is beers, MJ Doco and BBFFL keepers.

1 Like

I call for draft sanctions for CB, FOG, admiral bull, ant and eggs fantasy football corpse for even discussing Sam gray.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll be doing my keepers at 9.59

3 Likes

My team is sh*t enough without sanctions!

True. CB has been punished enough

1 Like