Best 22 - AFL.com.au

Just thought people might be interested to see this - not sure how they could possibly not have Hocking in the team.

Starting to get some real depth with a bunch of players I would be happy to see in the team - 

Howlett, Hocking, O'Brien, Gleeson, and to the lesser extent Ashby, Dalgeish, Hams and Melksham.

Not to mention I think Laverde will get in just about straight away.

Essendon
B: Mark Baguley,  Cale Hooker , Dustin Fletcher
HB: Courtenay Dempsey, Michael Hurley,  Michael Hibberd
C:  Brent Stanton, Jobe Watson, David Zaharakis          
HF: Patrick Ambrose, Jake Carlisle, Adam Cooney
F: Paul Chapman, Joe Daniher, Jason Winderlich
R: Tom Bellchambers, Dyson Heppell, Brendon Goddard
I/C: Jonathan Giles, Travis Colyer, David Myers
Sub:  Zach Merrett

New: Adam Cooney (Western Bulldogs), Jonathan Giles (GWS)
Unavailable: Nick Kommer's ongoing knee tendinitis issues have set back his pre-season, which could mean a later start to 2015.  

Comment: The Bombers meet the Sydney Swans at ANZ Stadium in round one, and could take a very experienced side up for the clash. The addition of Adam Cooney and Jonathan Giles gives the Bombers some more mature bodies, while the core of Essendon's squad has now been in the system for five-to-seven seasons. Ben Howlett and Heath Hocking were unlucky to miss out in this team and would be strongly considered, the same for Jake Melksham. Youngster Martin Gleeson has also shown he can be a part of the club's first-choice team with his dash from half-back. - Callum Twomey

Fair side, that.  I can't stomach leaving out Hocking, but when I look at the team it's probably only Colyer's place on the interchange he could rightfully call his own.

I look at that side and think we can beat Sydney rd 1.

I’m sensing a break out year for melksham

I know on paper means little but surely that’s a top six team at least.or are my rose colored glasses kicking in

[quote name=“Godons13” post=“421592” timestamp=“1417840884”]I’m sensing a break out year for melksham[/quote]That would be his second break out year

I'm sensing a break out year for melksham

That would be his second break out year

He definitely broke back in last year - broke in, kicked through the bedroom door, and locked himself in the panic room.

From that line up?

Goddard moved forward to a wing, Stanton to bench, Hocking to come in as "tagger", Colyer out.

You didn't watch us last year, did you?

Fair side, that.  I can't stomach leaving out Hocking, but when I look at the team it's probably only Colyer's place on the interchange he could rightfully call his own.

Hocking ahead of Ambrose.

Possibly, with Bellcho probably starting forward he's not exactly necessary. Even though I like him very much.