Best athletes in the AFL

North: Thomas

What’s Lindsay Thomas’ athletic gift?

Brad Hill for Hawthorn. Crazy speed, with crazy endurance, not quite Rioli’s agility but still very good.

Connor McKenna is the best athlete at our club. Dude is a freak. Ambrose just has a good tank.
Ambrose is mega strong too isn't he?
Connor McKenna is the best athlete at our club. Dude is a freak. Ambrose just has a good tank.

Dominates in the gym apparently.

According to BJ, the best athlete on our list quite comfortably.

According to BJ, the best athlete on our list quite comfortably.

Can not argue with that!

Dominates in the gym apparently.

finish yer dominating and fark off

The term 'athlete' covers an awfully large range of physical capabilities. ..

“I’m an athlete, not a footballer”

Usually it’s code for can’t use the ball, but can run all day.

I remember when an athlete was someone what could run, jump, kick, mark and handball. Now we confuse endurance with everything.

That’s like suggesting that Steve Monagetti was the greater athlete than Michael Jordan in the 90’s

The thread is best athlete not best footballer.

Classic athleticism vs skill argument.
Athleticism vs endurance different argument again.

Therefore player with great athleticism isn’t necessarily the most skilful football wise or one with a huge endurance.

Granted the best players would be all the above.
Nat Fayfe atm comes to mind.

I was more talking about speed, power, jump, nimble and endurance make an athlete, not just endurance.

So Benfti, given that Conor McKenna has goal sense and is actually good at a similar sport, and is still improving in the VFL, do you see him being in line for elevation in 2016 ?

I remember when an athlete was someone what could run, jump, kick, mark and handball. Now we confuse endurance with everything.

That’s like suggesting that Steve Monagetti was the greater athlete than Michael Jordan in the 90’s

Therefore player with great athleticism isn’t necessarily the most skilful football wise or one with a huge endurance.

I was more talking about speed, power, jump, nimble and endurance make an athlete, not just endurance.

So Benfti, given that Conor McKenna has goal sense and is actually good at a similar sport, and is still improving in the VFL, do you see him being in line for elevation in 2016 ?

I see him as a Hall-Of-Fame’r

That, would be sweet.

That, would be sweet.

Can you just imagine his acceptance speech?

I will start by watching him play in the 2s tomorrow arvo.

(Invisible) Javelin : Adam Goodes.

100 metre backward sprint : Marc Murphy

Hop, skip and jump : Any Irish player

Long jump : Too obvious

I don’t want to look stupid but who’s the obvious long jumper,I keep thinking Timmy in the 82 or 81,night final