Best drinking songs

midnight oil - HERCULES

love the oils (even though garrett went to the dark side) but this song really clicked at a party after my ??? beer. Hijacked the sound thingy and just stuck it on repeat. i think i annoyed some people and that privilege was taken from me. I also realise there is a music thread but inebriation opens up the range exponentially. don’t be afraid to mention the spice girls.

feel free to add. you may have just got home and have rousing ditties in your head.

Here comes the SUBMARINES.
sinking south pacific dreams

(this is something i wont remember). Goodnight. actually no good morning.

Species Deceases was the best EP I ever pinched.

Midnight Oil was the official band of the Doctor Who Club of Victoria committee in the 1990s.

I remember a couple of us driving back from Phillip Island late at night waaaaaaay too fast on the then-really-crappy road when the “my life is a valuable thing; I want to keep it that way” opening lines of Hercules came on. Calmed the driver down :slight_smile:

wow.
i did start this thread.

And later the songs says THIS IS SOMETHING I WILL REMEMBER.

I did, 18 years on.

What kind of business would the Doctor Who Club of Victoria committee need to conduct on Phillip Island?

Good question.

Schmoozing with the guest of honour from the convention we ran the weekend before.

Haven’t been to see the penguins since then.

Mmm, Sophie…

Pretty much anything from the Cosmic Psychos or the Powdermonkeys

The Pogues.

ring-a-ding-ding!

In that sci-fi, geek, snorklebender kind of way.

I once rammed a houseboat into a bridge whilst drinking peach schnapps and listening to Bolt Thrower.

Did you get to Whoniverse, DJR?
LMW was very happy meeting 11 and Amy.

Back on topic…there’s different sorts of drinking.
By god Tex, Don and Charlie make me want to break the seal of a good bourbon, but I don’t think that’s what you mean.

It is hard to go past the Oils, Species Deceases is awesome, and there’s something irreplaceable about hard copy formats.

Cotton Eye Joe

I once rammed a houseboat into a bridge whilst drinking peach schnapps and listening to Bolt Thrower.

Man, those things are so frickin slow, I imagine it barely did any damage.

Did you get to Whoniverse, DJR? LMW was very happy meeting 11 and Amy.
[old man rant] Man I hate overpriced impersonal "conventions" that only have a couple hours of actual content. [/old man rant]

Haven’t heard how this one went; hopefully better run than the Lords of Time ones.

there is no winner only discussion but boats n hoes is the winner

Drink drink drink. The Student Prince