Best mobile phone plans

Not sure if this has been discussed in another thread… but whats everyone got/ whats the best out there. I’m hoping to sign up to an iphone 6 plus.

Best value i’ve seen for an iPhone 6 plus (64gb) is $93 plan with Optus - unlimited calls and sms; 5GB of data per month.

Not sure if this has been discussed in another thread.. but whats everyone got/ whats the best out there. I'm hoping to sign up to an iphone 6 plus.
Best value i've seen for an iPhone 6 plus (64gb) is $93 plan with Optus - unlimited calls and sms; 5GB of data per month.

That seems a lot better than last time I looked, albeit a year ago. 
I have the 16 gig iphone 5 (through work - not my choice). Fairly sure that the IOS takes up 15.97 gigs. 

Buy an n5 outright for $400, put it on a plan that suits you. Mine is optus $30 a month for unlimited SMS $300 worth of calls 600meg, additional gig for $10

Perfect timing this thread.

My S3 plan finishes late next month and thinking of getting S5…

Buy an n5 outright for $400, put it on a plan that suits you. Mine is optus $30 a month for unlimited SMS $300 worth of calls 600meg, additional gig for $10

Did the same, but got a TPG plan with 1.5gb of data. For me, anything under 1gb of data is not enough.

I am currently looking at getting a dual sim phone, because I ceebs carrying my work and personal phone around.

Are the pre paid plans still only on 3G?

You can do the same thing with Virgin mobile who also use the Optus network but you get 2.3GB data as well as the $300 worth of calls.

You can do the same thing with Virgin mobile who also use the Optus network but you get 2.3GB data as well as the $300 worth of calls.

Do you get proper 4g and 3rd party optus?
I find given wireless at work all day and at home and driving to work I really don't get through too much data

Boost mobile used to have 3gb @ telstra 4g for 40 a month unlimited calls and texts, wonder if thats still on offer.

edit: its now 2.5gb

I find given wireless at work all day and at home and driving to work I really don't get through too much data

Yes 4G (where available) but not sure what you mean by 3rd party optus???  I use mine bugger all especially the data but I have noticed no difference in service from when I was an Optus client.  Value for money it just looked the best option.

optus do preferential service, ie if you're on optus business > optus commercial > optus wholesale resellers.

Yes 4G (where available) but not sure what you mean by 3rd party optus???  I use mine bugger all especially the data but I have noticed no difference in service from when I was an Optus client.  Value for money it just looked the best option.

Some of the network re-sellers don't get the full range of towers (Aldi spring to mind, they only get maybe half the towers)

Some of the network re-sellers don't get the full range of towers (Aldi spring to mind, they only get maybe half the towers)

I wasn't aware of that.  To the best of my knowledge Virgin is 100% owned by Optus & they claim they get the exact same coverage.  Personally I have not noticed any service difference but would be interested if others have had a different experience.

The might get the full range, I think amaysim do and probably others.

I'd be checking whirlpool for a solid answer, regardless.

I've got a Nexus S (now out of contract). Switched to Vodafone to make use of their $5 roaming, and have stuck with them ($50/month for 3GB data and lots of call/SMS - dunno how much, never been close to the cap). Have been keeping an eye on new things but haven't found anything compelling enough to upgrade/switch.

I buy my phones outright and put them on a TPG plan. $17.99 a month, $500 of calls, 1gb data. Wife is on the same plan, and we get free calls between us, which constitutes most of our calls. They recently dropped the data from 1.5gb to just the 1gb and upped the price from $14.99 which was a bit rich - TPG were recently bought out and the new parent company have changed the existing plans.

EDIT: Looking at the website, it seems this isn't even offered anymore?

I buy my phones outright and put them on a TPG plan. $17.99 a month, $500 of calls, 1gb data. Wife is on the same plan, and we get free calls between us, which constitutes most of our calls. They recently dropped the data from 1.5gb to just the 1gb and upped the price from $14.99 which was a bit rich - TPG were recently bought out and the new parent company have changed the existing plans.

EDIT: Looking at the website, it seems this isn't even offered anymore?

do you get 4g?

TPG is 3G only until their contract finishes with Optus.

TPG is 3G only until their contract finishes with Optus.

that is what i thought

I bought my Nexus 5 outright. $449.

On Amaysim, Unlimited calls, Unlimited txt, 4GB of data for $39.

The slight catch is that they just increased it to 5GB, but it's now $44 and your social media does count in your data. It never used to. Though I never get close anyway. They are with Optus who are great with coverage, I have never been dissatisfied.

I am tempted to switch to Yatango, they have the same plan, for a dollar cheaper (nothing), but it's 4G. The catch there is it's only 1GB data. You can go up to 3GB for like 10 bucks more which is too much to me. I'm desperate for 4G but 1GB is not enough so I think I'll stay put.

Amaysim said all 4G prep is done and they just need to "flick the switch" when they want and when they've worked out how to deliver it. In other words how to be huge gypsies about it... They said it'd be here by the end of 2014, but I'm not holding my breath.

EDIT: Yatango is 36 bucks for 1GB, 44 for 3GB