Best of the Rest

Excluding us, nominal best 22s (ignoring current status and my ignorance of some of the lists) for the rest of the comp with a chance (albeit slim in some instances) of playing finals. haven't included GC though you could probably mount an argument to say the could squeeze into the 8 but i think it is unlikely given their KPs maturity (or lack there of)

Hawks

birchall lake stratton

hodge gibson suckling      

smith mitchell burgoyne

mcevoy lewis sewell      

rioli roughhead breust

hale gunston puopy      

whitecross shiels  hill simpkin    

Freo

johnson dawson suban

duffield mcpharlin ibbotson    

fyfe barlow hill

sandilands mundy crowley    

mayne gumby de boar

ballantyne pav walters    

mzungu pearce pierce sylvia                                                                          

Swans

LRT richards johnson

shaw grundy malcheski    

o'keefe kennedy mcveigh

pyke jack hennebury

goodes franklin bird

tippett reid mcglynn

parker jetta mitchell rohan    

Cats

rivers  lonergan guthrie

enright taylor mackie    

stokes selwood duncan

simpson kelly johnson      

bartel blicavs caddy

christenson hawkins motlop      

taylor hunt varcoe  horlin-smith      

TIgers

morriss chaplin grimes

houli rance newman      

delidio cotchin grigg

maric jackson ellis      

martin vickery edwards

hampson rievolt knights      

conca vlastuin pettard foley     

Pies

maxwell keefe toovey

lumamba brown clarke

sidebottom pendelburry McCafer

grundy swan beams

kennedy reid blair

white cloke elliot      

seedsman ball adams dwyer  

WC

brown glass watres

hurn mckenzie ellis      

shuey priddis gaff

nicnat masten selwood      

wellingham kennedy  

cox darling lecras      

cripps hill rosa sheppard    

crows

shaw rutten henderson

otten talia douglas

smith thompson reilly

jacobs dangerfield sloan

Mckay walker lynch

betts pods porpoise       

Kerridge van berlo crouch jaensch    

Blues

watson jamieson simpson

walker henderson tuoey    

gibbs murphey thomas

warnock judd maclean      

yarran casboult menzel

garlett waite kreuzer      

scotland carazzo robinson bell    

Norf    

mullett nthompson girma

atley hanson feritto    

bastinac ziebell wells

goldstein swallow cunnington  

harvey black wright

daw petrie thomas

anthony adams gibson nahas    

oh and Port

42 Tom Jonas36 Carlisle 26 Andrew Moore

5 Matthew Broadbent 14 Trengove 29 Jasper Pittard      

8 Hamish Hartlett 7 Brad Ebert 16 Ollie Wines

23 Matthew Lobbe 18 Kane Cornes 10 Travis Boak      

6 Angus Monfries 39 Justin Westhoff 9 Robbie Gray

20 Chad Wingard 11 John Butcher 28 Jay Schulz      

1. Dom Cassisi 21 Jared Polec  neade  mitchell

And I thought my job was boring.

Kudos to you because that is a pretty good effort to come up with best 22 of other clubs. I just look at top 4 or 5 for each club for #supercoach purposes.

And I thought my job was boring.

Kudos to you because that is a pretty good effort to come up with best 22 of other clubs. I just look at top 4 or 5 for each club for #supercoach purposes.

i can't take all the credit. outside of the top 4 i can name only about 3 quarters of a best 22 for most sides off the top of my head and then have a quick glance at the club player rankings over at footy wire.

each side only takes a couple of minutes or so i did that here and there throughout the day (i do it every year around this time of year i just usually post them in preview threads that some of the others here prepare). i would suggest they are going to be totally accurate.

Here's the issue for the Pies:

Pies

maxwell keefe toovey

lumamba brown clarke

Didn't work in 2013. I think Bucks will mix it all up.

Maxwell off the pace & caught out of position too often, Harry too error prone, Brown passable but not taking the next step leave s a big Shaw & Reid shaped hole. On the positives Goldsack should be back, Seedsman was really good, Frost wasn't embarrassed & GBH Williams was lively - who knows what will happen there. Armstrong didn't cracked it at either of his first two clubs but I presume they brought him in as back pocket cover, will probably get a crack.

Seedsman keefe toovey

Goldsack Frost ??Tony Armstrong

Pies

maxwell keefe toovey

lumamba brown clarke

Maxwell off the pace & caught out of position too often, Harry too error prone, Brown passable but not taking the next step leave s a big Shaw & Reid shaped hole. On the positives Goldsack should be back, Seedsman was really good, Frost wasn't embarrassed & GBH Williams was lively - who knows what will happen there. Armstrong didn't cracked it at either of his first two clubs but I presume they brought him in as back pocket cover, will probably get a crack.

Seedsman keefe toovey

Agreed I'm not sold on moving Reid fwd, throws the team balance out for mine

Further to HAP's post - Who out of that 6 is a decent kick - Could play Williams ( until he is available ) as he is a decent kick. Getting quality ball out of their defence was an issue in 2013. And their midfield only has average kicking skills - Take out pendlebury,beans, sidebottom and Ball - it's average - And they've added Kennedy and Adams who are below average kicks. They may have to end up playing Reid in defence for his kicking skills.     

Pies
maxwell keefe toovey
lumamba brown clarke

Seedsman keefe toovey
Agreed I'm not sold on moving Reid fwd, throws the team balance out for mine

Agreed, very good user of the pill.

Still has his baby giraffe moments but a very smart footballer.

If it were me if drop Maxwell and play Reid as the third mark everything and distribute tall. clarke actually can use it alright and can run so probably gets the high hit up small fwd/mid. toovey locks down on the best small/medium and you probably stick with Harry as the line breaker

Pies

maxwell keefe toovey

Henrietta O'■■■■ brown clarke

Seedsman keefe toovey

Fixed

Further to HAP’s post - Who out of that 6 is a decent kick - Could play Williams ( until he is available ) as he is a decent kick. Getting quality ball out of their defence was an issue in 2013. And their midfield only has average kicking skills - Take out pendlebury,beans, sidebottom and Ball - it’s average - And they’ve added Kennedy and Adams who are below average kicks. They may have to end up playing Reid in defence for his kicking skills.

Seedsman is a very good kick, and Goldsack is pretty good too.

Seedsman is a very good kick, and Goldsack is pretty good too.

True - That's why Seedman played back/wing and Goldsack is reliable. But overall I classify the Pies as a poor kicking team.