Big 200cm+ Forward in the draft

Are there no key forwards running around in the VFL that are looking like cutting the mustard?

any Podisadley types?

Yeah that’s fair @munna1

1 Like

Riccardi

Got any links on the kid to read?

1 Like

Riccardi will be a player…shows a lot. Go back to our first meeting with Werribee.

Wouldn’t mind seeing if we can pry someone out of another club. My list without any really thought of substance. These guys don’t play much, so cheap pickings possibly (would like to hear your opinions)
Ben McKay (Kangas)
Darcy Fogarty (Adelaide)
Pat Kerr (Carlton)
Wylie Buzza (Geelong)
Jon Patton (GWS)
Callum Moore (Tigers)
Bailey Williams (West Coast)

Could also look for a mature age player in the VFL, SANFL etc…
Corey Gault
Liam McBean
Hugo Munn
Luke Surman

• Backman - likely to be given more game time now Thompson has retired
• Will depend on new coach. Also suspect he might be Jay Neagle MKII
• Know nothing about him
• Suspect we’d have to pay overs to get him away for Cats, and don’t think he’s worth that much
• With a fitness/medical team overhaul going on, don’t think the General would be the wisest move and I don’t know that he’d want to come to us for that reason
• haven’t heard of the last 2, and anyone who mentions Liam McBean should be perma banned. Fantastic 2nd tier player (SANFL, VFL etc) but was atrocious when given a crack at AFL

We need a ruckman.

Agree, but Riccardi is going to be 20 something in 2020, Pods was late 20’s when he finally cracked AFL

Don’t forget James Stewart. 197cm. 50 games, Coming into his prime years as a tall forward. Mobile. Assuming he can get over his OP

1 Like

OP to our first 2 choice forwards has killed us.
Had we had Daniher & Stewart available, having Mckerran as well… could have been a very formidable forward line.

2 Likes

He’s kicked 3 goals in the past 3 years.
Either he’s been set as a backman or he flat-out sucks

2 Likes

Mason Fletcher :grin:

I hope DODORO has scoured AFL lists for a big man who is low down in the pecking order, followed by AFL rookie lists and the state leagues. I hope he has had scouts checking them out and has copious video footage.

I hope he has already lined up a few prospects and had interviews with them.

On draft day, he will pull a couple from up his sleeve.

This recruiting is easy. Can be done from the kitchen table in Dubbo.

4 Likes

I can’t see how Braydon Preuss, at 24, can possibly be happy with only 7 senior games in 2019. Contracted for another two years, but would be perfect for us until Draper is right to go.

1 Like

Preuss has been horribly underwhelming at AFL when given a shot.
Can see why he’s been stuck behind Goldy and now Gawn.

id take him in a heartbeat considering our rucks stocks. but youve gotta wonder about a bloke who thought it was a good idea to move to a club with one of the best ruckman in the comp…

3 Likes

Not in the same class as Gawn, so no surprises there. Still reckon that he would be an upgrade on Zlarke & a seemingly cooked Belly. We are desperate for a competitive ruckman. Revisit the elimination final & see how ineffective Belly was vs Nic Nat & Hickey. The Dees won’t trade him, so it’s a moot point anyway.