Big buddy problem in Sydney?

They'll beat the dockers, their midfield is still a grade and they'll find something this week, too much heat on them.

I spent last week in Sydney. I assure you that the ‘heat’ on the Swans is Melbourne based hysteria. Sydney media are stretched going on about the Royals visiting, the NRL/Melbourne Storm end of game sham and the resignation of their Premier.

Heck, Carlton’s story has received more media exposure than the Swans terrible start.

screw sydney. they've had their turn, let em burn. 

I spent last week in Sydney. I assure you that the 'heat' on the Swans is Melbourne based hysteria. Sydney media are stretched going on about the Royals visiting, the NRL/Melbourne Storm end of game sham and the resignation of their Premier.
Heck, Carlton's story has received more media exposure than the Swans terrible start.

You are aware though, that apart from from ex-Victorians, no one up here actually knows who the Swans are and what they do.  Right?

I spent last week in Sydney. I assure you that the 'heat' on the Swans is Melbourne based hysteria. Sydney media are stretched going on about the Royals visiting, the NRL/Melbourne Storm end of game sham and the resignation of their Premier.
Heck, Carlton's story has received more media exposure than the Swans terrible start.

You are aware though, that apart from from ex-Victorians, no one up here actually knows who the Swans are and what they do.  Right?

The Blood!

They...

Erm...

Do something with a similar shaped NRL footy.

Yes. Its rather unfortunate that there is still very little free to air AFL stuff on tv in Sydney.  I think they only showed one game on 7mate (which doesn't help as not many hotels show the other free to air channels) last weekend but no other tv shows from memory.

I think GWS will overtake them soon enough. Heck even Callan Ward got to meet the Royals yesterday while at the Sydney Opera House. No one knew who he was...

Not that I cared though.  Seeing DMB for the first time in seven years was good enough for me.

The codes still regarded as "GayFL" alot in Sydney and Queensland. at least the places ive gone. i put it down to jealousy with rugby being the #2 code in the country. maybe even #3 after Soccer

The Blood!

They...

Erm...

Yes. Its rather unfortunate that there is still very little free to air AFL stuff on tv in Sydney.  I think they only showed one game on 7mate (which doesn't help as not many hotels show the other free to air channels) last weekend but no other tv shows from memory.

I think GWS will overtake them soon enough. Heck even Callan Ward got to meet the Royals yesterday while at the Sydney Opera House. No one knew who he was...

Not that I cared though.  Seeing DMB for the first time in seven years was good enough for me.

And they played So Right.  Enough said.

The Blood!
They...
Erm...

And they played So Right.  Enough said.
Spewing my favourites weren't played, but I'm glad to have seen an 18 minute jam session version of Jimi Thing.
And discovered a new favourite song. Squirm.

You can't play a hard game like Sydney and expect their star players to last as long. Not possible.

Also i'd be annoyed to if someone got hired in my position with a similar title earning $$$,$$$ more.

Would not be surprised if a few players want to leave at the end of the year.

Thread has turned from Sydney to DMB without even mentioning Mardi Gras? Kudos.

I went and saw dmb years ago when they first toured Australia. Must have been early 2000s some time. Saw them at the palace in st kilda. The crowd was out of control. Guess everyone had been waiting to see them live for so long that they just completely lost there ■■■■.

The band actually had trouble getting started because the crowd just would stfu. It got to the point where after the 3rd song Dave literally told everyone to calm the fark down so they could play.

Never seen anything like it. Great great gig too.

Last nights DMB was better than the Sydney one.

Hahaha are you people actually all there? Genuinely naff, limp elevator muzak.

I thought I was the whitest person I knew.
Apparently not.

I thought I was the whitest person I knew.
Apparently not.
It's Yacht Rock! Easy listening music for your mum! Puts me to sleep.

I went and saw dmb years ago when they first toured Australia. Must have been early 2000s some time. Saw them at the palace in st kilda. The crowd was out of control. Guess everyone had been waiting to see them live for so long that they just completely lost there ****.
The band actually had trouble getting started because the crowd just would stfu. It got to the point where after the 3rd song Dave literally told everyone to calm the fark down so they could play.

Palace? That was a great concert.
Yeah the big old theater. I always get the names of the venues confused down there

I went and saw dmb years ago when they first toured Australia. Must have been early 2000s some time. Saw them at the palace in st kilda. The crowd was out of control. Guess everyone had been waiting to see them live for so long that they just completely lost there ****.

Yeah the big old theater. I always get the names of the venues confused down there

Palais?

Palais?

I never remember which one is which. Seen dinosaur Jr and sonic youth many times at the small one. Seen ratm and dmb at the big one

Palais?

I never remember which one is which. Seen dinosaur Jr and sonic youth many times at the small one. Seen ratm and dmb at the big one

So the big, actually massive one that is still there is the Palais, I think gigs are seated only there. The Palace was the smaller one in a boxy non description building which was probably a 1,500-2,000 person venue. The Palace mysteriously burnt down, and then the used the Palace name at the Metro venue in the city.

Yeah right. That clears it up.

Saw sonic at the metro too a few times. Most recently when they did their daydream nation show. Their roadies mucked up the order of their guitars and after the first song they had the wrong tuneings for the next few and had to keep stopping and changing guitars.

You could see the roadies back stage madly going through each guitar and checking the tuneings. Very amusing.

I saw the daydream gig in San Fran too before it came here. We had to scalp tix to get in. Probably the best gig I’ve ever been too