Big Sammy Draper - #1 ruckman now #2 (Part 1)

Obviously a lot of people on here don’t read enough fantasy fiction!

PS: Everyone does know he was pretty ordinary on the weekend, right?

3 Likes

I actually thought he did ok, … and the Coach & others thought so too it seems.

But is that against expectations for him, or on actual output?

How dare you slander the Lord’s name

4 Likes

I would think this is still more of a qualified apotheosis …

more like a hypotheosis I would think.

Actual output.

A better way of putting it would be “I don’t read ANY fantasy fiction EVER”, barring BomberBlitz

1 Like

In that case, that does seem to be, ah, … stretching the truth? I mean, I don’t have the hit outs to advantage stats, but from the VFL site it has Draper with 22 hit outs. Maric had 31 and Soldo 14 (McKernan had 8). For pure numbers we were well beaten, getting 39% of the hit outs. And Draper was in the ruck 95% of the time. I was watching those contests a bit given the talk and I didn’t really see a huge amount hit to advantage. He had 8 disposals and no marks.

The quotes are dead-on. It’s just the “facts” given earlier that are wrong. SAD.

1 Like

I knew that Stargate was useful for something.

Sam and SK. To be fair drapes was much more impressive against the Geerong vfl rucks. He killed them. The fact he broke even against Maric is good tbh. Maric has been an AFL level ruckman and knows all the tricks.

4 Likes

I do love a good cliffhanger…

2 Likes

There’s enough hints laying around to explain the interest. All I will say is good luck! There will be a lot of excitement if what I suspect works out.

Apotheosis, mystery, excitement…this thread has got everything

4 Likes

Might even have septic tanks in it, if what I think S_K is hinting is right.

But we’re likely to have a few spots open this year. I hope we promote him to avoid the Jenkins situation.

The coaches love him. Reckon his potential is enormous.

6 Likes

Regardless of where he ends up, the fact that hes in the 2nd highest tier of competition after a year of footy is unfarkingbelieveable.

9 Likes

Thanks S_K… very much appreciated.

Be sure to let us know whats going on when the time is appropriate.

3 Likes

Nearly as good progress as a certain Irishman?

Barnz wants exclusively players who grew up in the UK or Keilor

2 Likes