Big Sammy Draper - #1 ruckman now #2 (Part 1)

Pretty impressive that he manages to dominate hitouts then hey? Will be unstoppable if he can sort his timing.
Was definitely disappointing around the ground.

He’s currently a pretty average player with the potential to be something pretty special.

Yes, there’s a lot of people overrating him, but there also seems to be plenty trying to overcorrect it the other way.

1 Like

Are you trying to tell me any of what i said is wrong?

Watch that saints game back and look for where he times his jump correctly, I’ll wait

He is freakishly talented and can do things very very few guys his size could do but that doesnt mean he should be trying to do those things at all times regardless of the situation

the first ruck contest Weideman had, he jumped up, mistimed it and fell over without being touched. it was hilarious

He only hasn’t made it to 50 games because Worsfold refused to play him early.

He’s 24, turning 25 this year. He ain’t a kid no more (by AFL standards). His excuses are running out

2 Likes

Draper doesnt need excuses, hes at the very least a decent ruckman already and theres plenty of potential upside.

6 Likes

He was pretty raw 5 years ago amazing transformation

5 Likes

I never said anyone else we had was any better :joy:

Mural Sammy looks like he’s been on the Stringer diet.

17 Likes

That’s cool

2 Likes

It’s pretty easy to pick the spiritual leaders at our club.

3 Likes

This is the problem with Essendon. We have many supposedly decent players that should but never do reach their potential upside. This may be development, but more than likely is just the fact that their upside has been overstated from the beginning.

4 Likes

Looks great. I hope they’ve covered it with some form of protective layer, you’d hate to see it ruined by graffiti.

Let’s hope Kane Cornes didn’t listen to what Draper said.
That ‘All Talk No Action’ article will get re-used.
For the fourth time…

Isn’t the mural at Windy Hill?

Wtf goes to Windy Hill?

car park for PEGS saturday morning sport

2 Likes

Looks like it’s on the Napier street side which sees a lot of traffic and has people parking along there to go to the gym or the pool or the local cafes.

3 Likes

Said that we were being desprected with the AFL captains not tipping essendon to play finals said it’s “lit the fire in the belly” for him after finding out. Said they want to play finals and go deep.

Good on ya Draper fark the naysayers and doubters aim to play finals

1 Like

find thread to post Draper mural and already posted twice. oh well.

6 Likes

I’d be stoked if got to John Barnes level, but I’d be content with D.Hille level of consistency and 120min of effort.

2 Likes

He’ll be better than both of them. Comfortably.

3 Likes