Big Sammy Draper - #1 ruckman now #2 (Part 1)

Did he pluck it out of the air? The new rules allow them to do that now without giving up prior opportunity.

Did he pluck it out of the air?

No I checked again, He just showed nice hands in close with a couple of ground balls.

That’s even better. Most rucks struggle with the ground balls. Hopefully this kids turns out to be something.

That’s not an outlier; he does like being a big-bodied midfielder if there isn’t an initial clearance.

7 Likes

Bring him in

2 Likes

Is he the Big Bodied Midfielder we have been waiting for? Is he our new messiah?

He does have a bit of Grundy in him in that he can follow up. It looks scrappy but it’s effective

1 Like

BRING HIM THE FARK IN

3 Likes

I can be a vindictive ■■■■■■■ sometimes.

I’d drop TBC and Smack, and bring in Draper and Zlarke.

Why?

It couldn’t hurt.

Draper’s time surely has come.

Will only get a game when either Worsfold is gone, or we’ve hit St Essington day.

Tough first up gig if it’s against Gawn

Big game next week.

Dunno if we should drop him from the Frankston game.

Yep.

It won’t happen this week, unless it’s McKernan he comes in for.

But if McKernan goes out… We all know it’ll be Clark coming in.

1 Like

Next 4 weeks is

Gawn
S Martin
Goldy
Grundy

That’s a brutal month for a rookie ruckman. But at the same time, sheesh if tbc can handle it.

1 Like

We may need to drop smack and play both tbc and draper. But as peos says it will be zlarke

Great, thats a dream apprenticeship for him. Will get the best LEARNINGS playing on the best ruckmen

1 Like

IS IT TIME???

NOPE.

Fark you, and the other three ruckman you rode in on.

2 Likes

I think Adelaide are gonna go after him at the end of the season.

Sam Jacobs isn’t far off giving it away. He’s also down on form. This is the problem we going to have at the end of the season when we have older players in ‘role’ positions, rather than giving the opportunity to young blokes.

Opposition clubs will see the talent of young guys like Draper, Ridley, Redman & Begley… who are getting limited opportunities, or players in and out of the side (Parish & Langford) …Then target them.
And we will still be putting all our eggs in the basket of Baguley, Zac Clarke, Myers & Bellchambers (& Dea last season).

The fact we didn’t elevate Draper to the main list was a mistake IMO. We will be staring down barrell of a Josh Jenkins situation.

2 Likes