Bin chickens lose due to repeated contact with goal post - review thread

Difference is that Blitz isn’t faking it like Meg was.

4 Likes

Frees were 26-16 our way… and we actually got a goal from a 50m penalty.

2 Likes

And the throwing the ball just before that.

McKernan lead for that pass from Walla. There were a few which weren’t rewarded. But it was pretty terrible.

We looked a lot better when Hooker went forward.

1 Like

And interestingly, no one talked about umpires until you posted something.

I missed the first qtr and up to that tackle TBH I didn’t know that Stringer was playing

I thought the umpiring was its usual low inconsistent and baffling standard. I did think we may have got the better end of the lousy umpiring this week.
Also the better end of an ugly game.
That we won…seemingly despite our best efforts.
There were some good efforts from the team despite at times the complete butchering of the ball

3 Likes

Well, that was just awesome. Good to see Zacka out of the backline and look what happens?

1 Like

You mean apart from the 4-6 blatantly wrong or missed free kicks???

1 Like

That’s it! From now on I’m only turning up to our games at three qtr time, just like our team, to save me from watching 3 quarters of utter garbage football.

Glad to see Gleeson back to form after such a long lay off. Some of his spoils today were so well timed. Kid is a clever footballer.

12 Likes

I thought the AFL were on the ■■■■ when they fixtured us Saturday afternoon MCG games against Sydney and Brisbane, but with crowds of 60,000 and 48,000 they’ve given us a compelling argument for more MCG home games.

33 Likes

Unheralded game, but I thought that Bear was fantastic down back, with solid support from Gleeks, Saad and Irish. Bear’s intercept marking was a treat to watch and we launched goals off the defensive chains he created. Top game from him.

7 Likes

Was watching live at the ground and was keeping a close eye on Langford. Looks like a very lazy footballer.

8 Likes

Diabolical game for three quarters. Just terrible.

Once we lifted we were a clear class above, if McGrath had finished we’d have run away by 30+

Good to win ugly, especially this season

1 Like

I think the correct term for Langford is ‘laconic’.

4 Likes

McGrath miss and Laverde miss. Could have been big goals. Lucky it didn’t matter.
And the Tippa miss could have been goal of the year if he kicked it.

6 Likes

9 intercept possessions for Hurls is massive.

7 Likes

I remember last year when I would never trust anyone on our team to kick goals ever. This has finally changed! parish and Langford are consistent goal scoring midfielders. Seem to get at least one a game and I trust them going for goal. Also liking smack’s set shot kicking. Be good if I could start to trust guys like Heppell, Shiel and Merrett.

1 Like

Didn’t watch or listen to the game. How did Brown go? I see he had more disposals than Stringer and Lav. Stringer rose to the occasion as usual; he doesn’t need a lot.

Amazing how potent our forward line looked in that last quarter.

Whilst not kicking goals, Hooker creates a content and the structure looks a lot more solid.

Any word on Heppell? Will he be available next week?

3 Likes