Biscuits

My mother in law makes a pretty mean chocolate ripple cake, cholesterol heaven.

TicTocs. Instant diabetic.

Jam Fancies are under rated too. Simple, but ■■■■■■ addictive. The packs vanish around my place, and i cant truthfully blame it all on my kids.

Those (german?) biscuits, which is like more chocolate than biscuit. no idea what they're called but you can get them from aldi.

Some other German biscuits you can get from Aldi are Lebkuchen. They're like ginger bread with other spices. Very moreish.

3641_feine_oblaten_lebkuchen_2012_08_23.

Monte Carlos

2 Likes

Monte Carlos

the bottom of the assorted barrel.

tic tocs, triple wafers, 100s and thousands biscuits, iced vo vos... arnotts rule. the slow invasion of oreos and what not makes me sad. the introduction of the word 'cookie' instead of 'biscuit' actually gets me angry. i heard a workmate refer to an anzac cookie recently and gave her a dressing down to the point where shes not sure what to say to me anymore. theres a crime against biscuitry right there.

home made kiss biscuits, with the correct amount of jam and not being even slightly burnt, are perhaps our greatest ever contribution to the world.

Nan's anzac bikkies and those rock cakes she makes too.

Rediscovered Tic Tocs with my daughter bringing them home from childcare! Loved them as a hit but had them for 25 years. They are just as good as I remembered them.

My fav cafe has THE BEST home made melting moments in the World.  No, make that the universe.  Guaranteed.

If ever you're down in Hobart:  https://www.facebook.com/yellowbernard

Cheds
- actually go ok, if you need savoury

Cheddarettes (sp?) were a stoneage tuckshop treat, they disappeared and so did their distinctive taste - until Cheds appeared

Nothing better than dunking a Teddy Bear in a hot drink.

If we're talking crackers, I used to demolish saladas as a kid. Then they changed them and I was ■■■■■■ off something stupid. They taste stale now. Awful.

That's good to know, thought it was just me and that my taste's had changed, yep they are awful now.

I still gobble them up like no one's business.

I think the difference is they're cooking them for a little bit longer nowadays.  Much darker than what they used to be so they're a bit more brittle and stale tasting.

Still love them.  With a slice of cheese on them?  Forget about it.

Chocolate coated (on one side) butternut snaps.

Biscuits have too much sugar.

Fluoridated water too.

There is no such thing as too much sugar !

Monte Carlos

tic tocs, triple wafers, 100s and thousands biscuits, iced vo vos... arnotts rule. the slow invasion of oreos and what not makes me sad. the introduction of the word 'cookie' instead of 'biscuit' actually gets me angry. i heard a workmate refer to an anzac cookie recently and gave her a dressing down to the point where shes not sure what to say to me anymore. theres a crime against biscuitry right there.

home made kiss biscuits, with the correct amount of jam and not being even slightly burnt, are perhaps our greatest ever contribution to the world.

I got told cookies and biscuits are different.

Weeellll....

Cookies are soft in the middle.

Biscuits are hard all the way through.

So Subway make cookies. But if you actually cook them properly they're biscuits.

Monte Carlos

Weeellll....

So Subway make cookies. But if you actually cook them properly they're biscuits.

I thought the yanks use the term biscuit for those flat scone like things. They have them in gravy and soup.
Not like the yanks to get it wrong though.

Monte Carlos

Ha ha. Wish I could have seen it.
"Whatevz dude. Jeez. Roll a j and chill out and... I dunno, have a cookie or something."

Monte Carlos

Weeellll....

Doesn't explain why Cookie Monster seems to shatter his cookies into shards every time he goes on a binge. Perhaps he should be renamed?

Fluoridated water too.

Was actually eating the other day when a few chemtrails appeared in the sky. Probably got some in my biscuit. True story.

1 Like