Biscuits

Fatties.

No, not a biscuit; you guys.

I had a 6-pack when I was 18 though.

(may not be true)

We've all got six packs, some are just more hidden than others....  :)

Milk Arrowroot

Sure they are basic and boring but I always loved dipping them into a hot cup of tea from a very young age…there is an art to how long you keep the bikkie in the tea so it doesn’t fall off.

1 Like

Mars bar cookies from Coles…

Thi9s might have been mentioned already, as l have only just discovered this thread, but for me the only biscuit worth considering are Arnott's chocolate mint slice, 100 % moorish.

^ They make my teeth ache - God knows how much sugar they must contain.  But yes, very moorish.

An old favourite I haven't seen for years is Cadbury's Chocolate Squiggle Tops.

To be fair, l make them last one packet usually stretches over 3 weeks. That was when l could find them in HK. Now l have moved l am well out of range, unless they can be had in Shanghai. l find Tim Tams to rich for my tastes, l am done with them after one, even then it can be a bit of a struggle to finish one.

With you there Cap'n.  One Tim Tam is about half a Tim Tam too much for me.

I'm sure the BB crew can organise a special delivery of Mint Slices to be freighted over to you in HK.  ;)

1 Like

Oh… triple wafer.
Ike Napoleon ice cream except you eat all the colours

Pretty much all of the Arnotts plain biscuits (ie not cream-filled or chocolate-coated) are winners. Nice, Shredded Wheatmeal, Scotch Fingers, Tic Tocs, Chocolate Ripples… whichever I’ve last eaten tends to be the current favourite.

1 Like

Yeah tic tocs- I knocked off half a packet the other night then got in strife because they were for kids lunch.
Says it all really.

2 Likes

kingston’s.

king of biscuits.

3 Likes

I topped some Marie biscuits, with butter, toasted marshmallows & a bit of strawberry jam the other night.

Magnificent.

Come to think of it, they were almost like strawberry mallows.

Iced vovo might be closer

Strawberry Mallows were the absolute bomb. I dont think you can get them anymore? Iced Vovos were more popular but clearly inferior

1 Like

Nah iced vovos use an icing/fondant, still very good but not in the same level of greatness, strawberry mallows were like soft fluffy pillows of sugary goodness as a kid. Think they started as a rip off of the Arnott’s, made by budget biscuit companies.

Sadly yes, I haven’t been able to find them anywhere, my children are poorer for the experience.

Just quietly though, the iced vovo cakes they make now go well.

You can get stick your sweet biscuits up your ■■■■ - they’re closer to confectionery…

There is only one and, even though the manufacturers have done their level best to ■■■■ them up completely over the years, it is still utterly impossible to not finish an entire box in one sitting.

Equally at home at parties, watching the footy, having a picnic with the family or sitting at home by yourself.

An Australian classic for over 40 years, I give to you…

2 Likes

Nope…Savoury Shapes are better.

3 Likes

Hey!! They were Westons damn it!!

A far superior Biscuit to anything the now USA owned Arnotts were producing after filling them with Palm Oil and other crap, . like I reckon about 20% more sugar.

Sadly, … they bought out Westons, which is why you can’t get Westons Nice anymore (far superior to Arnotts), Wagon Wheels have turned to shitte, … and very likely why you can’t get the fantastic Strawberry Mellows, … which again, I agree, shat all over the Iced Vovo.

I disliked Arnotts once they became Yank and fell in quality, … hated them since they took over Westons, and virtually took over every Biscuit isle in every Supermarket in the Country, … pushing out small AUSSIE Co’s trying to have a crack. Fk em.

3 Likes

Pizza >>>>>>> Cheddar > Barbeque > Savoury

2 Likes

I have pointed my private parts in your general direction.