Biscuits

Lol you are right, but without getting into the whole USA v AUS argument, for me as a kid Arnott’s were gold standard and everything else was budget brand. Not saying it was a quality difference, just my recollections.

I remember them always being in a bright red packet, so likely Westons & then Paradise brand.

Seeing as I spent part of my morning trying to find the Mallows again I came across this which might part explain it:

https://www.industrysearch.com.au/biscuit-company-paradise-food-acquires-overseas-brands/n/13932

Not long after Paradise was then bought by Goodman Fielder and currently owned by Greens. They were all likely still being made at first but lines have been cut back now. Can’t find anything else on them.

That’s my procrastination done for the day. But I would just like to say vale

3 Likes

Oh man. Just looking at that picture makes me want to eat one (or six). Serious craving

1 Like

1 Like

Savoury Shapes are the sad little uneaten corner of the platter.
Salmon was the first to go.

1 Like

BBQ and Chicken Crimpy Shapes ONLY.

Unless they bring back the original original cheese shapes in the navy blue box that were an elongated hexagon.

2 Likes

To be fair AN probably sprinkles chili flakes on them.

1 Like

“The Good Stuff” ™

Without wanting to start a fight, the biscuit part of those mallow biscuits always seemed stale to me.

CHICKEN
FKN
CRIMPY.

3 Likes

Are a shadow of the original Chicken in a Biscuit.

8 Likes

I am in the midst of peasants.

3 Likes

100%

Main craving in my last pregnancy

Gingernuts.
The perfect dunking biscuit.

Savoury Shapes are great to smash with dips, but BBQ stand well enough on their own.

1 Like

I do agree the SS go well with dips (then again, so do those thin, tasteless wafer thingies), but what does it say about a biscuit if it needs to be smothered in a third-party to be palatable?

Savoury, cheddar … … there are no more edible ones

Fixed.

4 Likes

Ah, yes, the ginger nut. An often-overlooked treasure.

1 Like

Suuuuuuure

1 Like