Bitcoin, and other tulips

When I say hit and hope I do look at a few variables. It’s good to look at the teams that are put together behind each coin and see if the tech can solve any real world problems and can it be scaled up.

Ripple
Verge
Stellar
Quantum Stamp are a few I am on board with. Who ■■■■■■ knows!

I just don’t want my Grandchildren asking me why I didn’t take advantage of the biggest financial opportunity in our lifetime.

Saying all that I am prepared to lose every penny I am throwing into this Volcano.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not going to be randomly selecting cryptos to bank on either.

What you say about the importance of the people behind these cryptos is spot on. I’m liking IOTA long term because of partnerships with Microsoft, Bosch, Phillips and PWC. Ripple have recently partnered with some major Japanese banks, which is a huge step in forward in legitimizing blockchain. There are a few other newer currencies that I’m keeping an eye on.

Fair enough.

It’s all mostly guesswork anyway.

Happy punting.

My knowledge of cryptos is significant as I’ve read most of this thread, and l’ve concluded many of you are overstating the risk. No one has jumped on here and posted - geeez I just lost a shizenload on bitcoinz - despite the billion dollar fall in the market last week. You don’t seem to have had your computers repossessed.
The evidence in this thread suggests it’s virtually a risk free investment. I think it’s time to diversify out of my 1990s ostrich farm portfolio and plunge into another investment which also has limited practical use and doesn’t really exist; yet has the potential to pisss off the most evil and powerful people on the planet (bankers).

9 Likes

I prefer tulips. They’re pretty.

1 Like

Do you also consider yourself an expert on US politics and a jedi master?

2 Likes

Yes good point, there is no doubt my knowledge, understanding of the Force and general skill-set has broadened significantly from my dedication to Blitz. This must be true as it’s on my CV.

1 Like

Extra Curricular Activities

• Fark Carlton
1 Like

Ripple up 28% today and seems to be climbing.

5 Likes

It’s at $3.26 atm.

That’s a long way from $0.34 not even a month ago.

It’s probably still worth getting on, too.

2 Likes

I read that there is a prediction it might get to $20.00 by the end of 2018.

I got on at 0.75. Not a huge amount as I don’t have a lot to play with but I would kick myself if I was close to the beginning and didn’t try.

I deposited cash into BTC Markets when Etherium was under $600 and Ripple was 0.39. Took about 48 hours to appear so I could make a purchase. By then Etherium was $900+ and Ripple around 0.75.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed

1 Like

I got on at the same price. I wish it was instant deposit not the 24-48 hour wait.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Now I’m toying with the idea of buying a bit more in case it jumps but I haven’t decided yet.

There is an article in the Age about banks freezing bitcoin transactions.

1 Like

Did it get that high? On my exchange it’s about 2.60.

My wife’s sister is in a mother’s group that has been into bitcoin for months. They sold half there bitcoin about a month ago and bought ripple at .26 cents!

They sold bitcoin because it wasn’t growing fast enough. They’ve made some really good money. Not life changing but certainly pays off the credit card and helps toward a holiday.

They have also started riding the bitcoin variance using the 20% down and 20% up rules. I think they have bought in and sold out twice.

Shifty little mother’s group this one.

4 Likes

Good for them!

I got on at 1.10 - annoyed I took my time setting up an account when I first saw it for 0.34. At least my account was relatively easy to set up as I’ve heard of others having to wait for letters in the mail to confirm their accounts.

Still a good return mate. I was a bit annoyed that I didn’t move quicker too.

1 Like