Bitcoin, and other tulips

Hmm, … I share your concern, … I keep thinking “Cyber Money” , and that has a very unreal ring to it.

I keep wondering what is actually the value of these things. I just can’t see any intrinsic value.

Looks like a massive bubble to me.

You’re not too late for ripple (xrp) , will hit $15.00 at some stage this year. Trx is another good one.
Ripple biggest ‰increase of all cryptos in 2017, jump in and make money while you sleep!

2 Likes

They do have intrinsic value, but it’s largely incalculable at the moment as it depends on value in use calculations that, in turn, depend on assumptions with respect to adoption rates, turnover and so on. That said, i suspect the majority of those presently speculating in crypto currencies neither cares about nor has any idea what “intrinsic value” is.

The other critical assumption taken for granted is the fixed supply of a given crypto currency, which gives the hypothetical rarity/store of value. That, to me, is the biggest fallacy of all - i’m pretty sure man can find a way to make more Bitcoin, Ripple etc. if he’s sufficiently incentivised to do so, and human nature has a pretty reliable track record stretching back many millennia of responding to monetary incentives as you’d expect.

It’s $4.40 at the moment.

1 Like

Yeah, I like Tron (trx) too. Will be interesting too see where it goes

Which exchange for TRX , cheers!

Binance

1 Like

Made a coin stop account, now just have to wait for the verification/banks to allow transfers, should only be 2 weeks…save some $$$ for the rest of us!

Not sure if coinspot are accepting aud deposits currently

Correct, they say I have to wait up to 2 weeks. I guess the banks want a piece of the action, but also have policies they are trying to enforce.

Could we see a run on savings accounts that would shred the banks profitability?

I had been keen on BTC Market, but a friend had issues there, and the bank got involved, and it got messy.

I’ve been waiting 3+ weeks for them. I’d look at BTC Markets or binance in the meantime.

Anyone used the ATMs?

It seems they are not accepting deposits either.

How can banks really stop people from taking their money and buying magic beans?

2 Likes

BLITZCOIN. Get onboard!

3 Likes

would be volatile af

Going well today…

Yep, Justin Sun, the top guy at Tron mentioned this morning that they’ll be announcing partnerships with large companies in the near future. It’s led to today’s gains. Should be interesting going forward

1 Like

Those 2 billionaire bros that got shagged over FB said it’s the new gold. There’s the intrinsic value! Soon it will be fashionable to wear your Bitcoins around your neck or on a fat bracelet or melted down to fill your teeth.
I heard Heffsgirl already wears a collection of fashionable accessories manufactured using Bitcoins.

Lol. Just dabbling my feet in the water.

Wow ripple at $4.70, two minds about buying more but have a feeling it may have some immediate rises as more jump on the current hype.