Bitcoin, and other tulips

They do if you have the assets to cover. Want a $50,000 margin load for crypto? We’ll hold onto your house title thanks.

No, I’m mining :slight_smile:

Thanks for making sense of this whole thing!

So anyone know where I can get a monkey? :smirk:

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s not a margin loan though is it. Besides I meant they wouldn’t accept crypto as the underlying security

I would never entertain gearing into this market, whether through margin lending, mortgages or anything else. Invest what your willing to lose and nothing more

2 Likes

Well it can be if you were called on it.

Title change to “Cryptocurrencies”? Bitcoin only one of a cast of thousands and may not be market leader by the end of this year.

You and I can go round in circles on this forever. I think it’s all about perspective and I think ours are different.

1 Like

Happy now?

4 Likes

Cheers!

I really wish people would stop making the tulip comparison. It’s unbelievably lazy

I’m surprised there isn’t a TulipCoin.
There’s a PonziCoin. Maybe I should buy some of those…

2 Likes

Alright, so I’ve bought my massive $25 worth of Litecoin on coinbase (I know you guys have said they’re more expensive but they were the first ones to accept me), so how do I now play with the little coins like gram and Pac and so on?
Do I set up something with GDAX?
Do they trade in those coins?
Something else?

Have a look at binance. It has a lot of coins available. Litecoin is easy to trade with so a good choice. I use BTC for ripple and litecoin and go over to binance to dabble in high risk like Tron.

Do you have a wallet?

Edit I couldn’t see PAC or gram on there but double check.

I’ve found reading various Reddit discussions on coins informative. And YouTube.

2 Likes

No, don’t have a wallet.
I looked at binance but they weren’t taking new registrations at the time, hence coinbase.

I thought I’d just be able to trade into whatever I wanted from there but, no…I’m just sitting here going…huh.

Edit: Pac and gram are very small. 3 cents for gram. Pac is at 0.000129.

I think binance is accepting again.

1 Like

Do you have to pay capital gains tax on crypto gains (and alternatively can you claim losses)?

They learnt from history. They make big profits now and get their bonus. Then when it all blows up they go into chapter 11, get protection from their debts, restructure with the debtors as new shareholders (and Government money) and move on. The old shareholders either get their shareholding massively diluted or lose out altogether.

For dabbling I reckon CoinSpot is a good choice. Australian based, 2-3% commish on buying currency, negligible if trading crypto for crypto, no charge on withdrawals and you can deposit using BPAY and PoliPay. It also has a very wide range of currencies and has a very simple interface (eg. you can purchase in AUD).

1 Like

Yeah, this was my preferred option.
I registered a week ago and haven’t heard back since.
I should check that out, I guess…