Bitcoin, and other tulips

a few seconds ago it was at $14000 and falling, suddenly a buy came in a $14500 and sold within seconds and dropped back to $14000.
Same seller/buyer? Maybe to bring in the automatic programs.

Look at the market depth, Sell is 350 btc, buy is under 100.

Now rising rapidly on the back of piddling amounts of buy orders

At an uneducated guess its as you said , big money guys trting to spook lil investors i to selling.

On eth if you watch say btc markets , its pretty much the same sell orders of over 150 k . Theres about 10 odd constant sell orders for over 100 k , and they without taking alm the details seem to be the same amount everytime.

Eths on the way back up again now , they must have got bored foe a little while

Alot of coins dont , but some are starting to offer a service or product so to speak.

But at a glance , its mostly a gift card system type deal , just solely on the internet.

and ripple has gone from $1.05 to $1.40 in around an hour, that is nearly a 50% increase. That is big profits quickly, although I am on the big loss quickly side of things atm.

Edit and as I type $1.48

“Whales”, “big boys”, “shorts covering”, “support levels being tested”, “instos”, “buy/sell spread thinning out” etc.

If you like the BBlitz Bitcoin thread, you’ll adore Hotcopper - ~50k posts a day, ~99% of which are laden with pseudo financial terms yet completely devoid of informed comment.

2 Likes

I like stories.

1 Like

After reading up here and there and following the sage advise of everyone on this thread as seasoned Cryptocurrency investors I’m thinking of setting up an account for a dabble.

Obviously need to register an account on an exchange. Read recently that Australia Crypto Exchange, CoinJar, CoinTree, Independent Reserve and BTC Markets are all local exchanges.

Which account to people suggest? Would be looking at dabbling in a few different currencies but from what I see exchanges only offer the ability to buy currency in a couple of coins? I saw Coinspot suggested above - is this an Australian exchange? … or do people not care and are using foreign exchanges? Obviously using BPAY from an Australian account would easy to use and transfer funds and would be preferable.

Haha. Even though i know that’s a tongue in cheek comment, you have to appreciate its irony given that the human brain’s innate desire to ascribe a narrative (i.e. a story) to completely random events is responsible for maybe half the posts on this thread!

1 Like

That was a good point.
Relevant, well thought out and sufficiently annotated.
And also too cheeky by half and completely unwelcome.

1 Like

Diecock all the way boys.

Each to their own but I use BTC Markets and Binance. Transfer $AUD into BTCM by BPay and then buy Ethereum which I transfer to Binance to buy alts.

2 Likes

I suggest you make sure you know how to secure both your computer and any crypto that you’re looking to purchase before you start.

2 Likes

Setting up this friggin wallet id almost the hatdest part of it all. Well the setting up of making it as safe as possible

2 Likes

I expect that the hardest bit is going to be getting the money out of the ecosystem :slight_smile:

Definitely an organised raid. If this were the stock market there would be regulators crawling all over it

If it was the stock market you wouldn’t be seeing the crazy rises as well.

For what it’s worth, chatter on Sth Korean sites suggests another hit sometime before it bottoms

My portfolio has gone down by 50% over the last couple of weeks. Most of my coins were bought on the first dip after the massive highs :cold_sweat: