Bitcoin, and other tulips

I can tell you who could do it easier

Some argue that the housing market is in a bubble.

Do your research and don’t bite off more than you can chew.

1 Like

I’m kind of pot-committed to my house.

When ripple reached $4, it was probably the easiest thing on the planet to sell.

He could have cashed out every token he had in an afternoon when ‘ripple-mania’ hit.

Yeah, good to see Tron moving up again. At one stage there, I think I owed them money.

2 Likes

Everyone’s doing it now.
Tron was doing it before it was cool.

Nah, still limited by demand. And as we’re seeing now, for an asset this speculative, demand can start to dry up REAL quick when someone starts dumping their holdings and the price starts dropping and people start getting nervous.

$44b in crypto is never worth $44b, cos as soon as you start selling a block that big, the price drops.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s something I’ve wondered if the now ex-billionaire Winklevoss’ twins or this Ripple guy started dumping, how quickly would they crash the whole market

wtf’s an AKCHE?

Well yes, he’d have to spread it out a little more than just an arvo… But you are also understating the demand for ripple at that point of time.

I’m sure he could have scrounged up hell of a lot more in a hurry than, say, a guy with $55 Billion in real estate could, was more the point.

I love talking about these sorts of numbers as though I’d have any idea what it’s like to liquidate $55 billion

your not married i take it?

It is if you paid $25,000 for them.

Gee it was fascinating to watch the manipulation of the market after the market reopened.

3 Likes

Even they can sell @ $14.2K.
Still, though.
I’m sure we’ll all look back in history at what will no doubt be coined (see what I did there?) the 3am…crash?
Is crash too big a word?
I think it might be.

1 Like

You really think this was the crash? This is nothing.

Gosh, I hope not.
I’ve dropped more on the pokies in a night than I have tied up in this, so obviously that would be devastating for me.

Also, if anyone was taking this seriously, which I am not and I have to say that you guys are really harshing my vibe, then surely they would be doing things like buying Ether @ 800 and selling it @ 1000?
I mean, that’s just today.

And if they have that much spare cash that it’s an issue for them, and they’re choosing to ‘invest’ it in crypto, and they’re not doing that…well, you’re a very silly person indeed.

1 Like

I know how he feels TBH

I dropped a dollar down the car seat the other day and couldn’t get it out

4 Likes

Dead cat bounce

If so, then the smartcash cat is made out of that really bouncy rubber stuff that bounces higher than where it was dropped from.
Clever dead cat.