Bitcoin, and other tulips

Yeah. I’m thinking I’ll wait it out.
If it drops back towards $9k to $10k, I’ll add to what I already have. I don’t think it’ll drop that far for another few months when there’s another crash in the US though.

A lot of money getting pumped into the crypto, especially coins with use cases, just saying :slight_smile:

It really does seem like the classic tulip now. Does anyone in the whole world actually use Bitcoin as a currency these days? It never seems to be a payment option for anything. So if it’s not actually a currency, then it’s not anything at all, except for gullible people to bet on.

1 Like

lol
Is the paper money you have a real store of value, what is it backed by, bitcoin may not be a currency and I don’t own any, some coins have a real use case, and if you have used PayID or similar you are using a crypto coin like XRP to transfer money, it is already happening.

From memory…each crypto argues that it is algorithmically capped in terms of how much can ever be issued?

Only problem is…the number of cryptos that can be issued is infinite…and therein lies a pretty major logic flaw of the concept.

BTC tapping all time high

1 Like

Gosh, it’s worth more now than any time other than about a month just before it crashed.
Ether’s done well, too.
Everything else seems to have been rubbish.

If I had my way there’s be an approx 300% tax on every cryptocurrency transaction, at least until the world has converted fully away from fossil fuel power generation.

The sheer amount of electricity used globally in mining cryptocurrency is more than some medium-sized first world nations use. Mining or investing in crypto at this point in history is basically getting paid to accelerate global warming.

7 Likes

Yes.

I got Bitcoin at around $11k.
Have done well out of Eth and Storj (they’ve both doubled since purchase).
0x has done well (up 70%).
Harmony is at a small loss (but that used to be much worse).
MadeSafeCoin has been 50% for a while now.

More wins than losses here though.

1 Like

Xrp isn’t mined as well as a few others. I hold xrp, but I wish I could buy bitcoin but my damn conscience won’t let me lol

1 Like

Hope all the xrp holders Here are enjoying the ride atm

3 Likes

Yes indeed!

3 Likes

Do your self a favour and watch this if you have doubts about Blockchain, this could/will be major. Brad is the CEO of Ripple which uses XRP, it is 27 minutes, regulation has changed for nearly every other country expect the USA in regards to this.

also add XRP is doing an airdrop for every XRP you hold on the 12.12 for spark which is the contract coin which could untimely replace Ethereum, so get some XRP before this date and free spark coins.

Hope you guys all got out of Ripple (XRP) before the collapse! Bad week for them.

Also, Bitcoin still ripping through new all time highs and cracked $35k AUD today!

3 Likes

Can someone explain in a not too technical way why Bitcoin has any value at all? It’s hardly used as a medium of exchange (like other currencies), so what is it about Bitcoin that gives it a value? Why would I want to buy a Bitcoin, apart from the chance (i.e., gamble) that at some stage in the future someone will be willing to pay me more for it than I did? Or is it just a means of gambling?

You’re coming from the wrong angle. Initially it was a secure currency to maintain anonymity. People were buying pizzas for like 5 bitcoins in the early days. Now it’s being inflated to a value that investment chasers are ruining it but that’s another matter.

1 Like

I dont have alot in, but took my XRP out and shifted it into THETA. Made back my small ripple loss already. Theta looks a good long term hold.

So it’s basically a speculative bubble? What do the devotees say?

This guy gives a pretty even handed explanation about it.

But yes, it is a speculative bubble.

1 Like