Blatant cheating by umpires - “having a ‘mare” this century

The umpires shat themselves thus didnt call ball back. Its simple. Would of taken courage and integrity to have done that. Most of these umpires sleep with the light on, would pee their pants if it went out. Moments like that is when they earn their money. Could see it coming before first bounce, and yep, sure enough cards fell the way of the filth in dying minutes. Pppfffttt!

1 Like

The call was probably wrong but Zac Bailey could have handballed that to McLuggage running into space and decided to try do it all himself.

1 Like

well after they called all correct for that Pendelbury ANZAC day horror you can’t have any faith in these assessments

2 Likes

The ump just remembered what stage of the match it was, and that he should’ve already “put the whistle away” to begin with.

1 Like

Tonight was, by a long way, the worst umpiring of tackling I have ever seen.

Literally dozens of mistakes.

1 Like

Ah yes, this thread…

What I really like is that on at least four seperate occasions the AFL website listed free kicks that Sydney received as ours. That is an 8 free kick discrepancy right there that they tried to hide. Easier than trying to even up decisions later in the game if you just award the stat to the wrong team.

5 Likes

Carlton got an unnecessary free ride vs North

We are going ok this year that said

Is there any further info available for where the frees were given?

1 Like

I take that with a grain of salt. As I said after the Swans game, I saw four occasions personally where the Swans were awarded the free kick and it was credited to us. And they are just the ones I noted.

8 Likes

Just a couple of points:

1. I reckon everyone complained about the umpiring in the 19th and 20th Centuries, too.
  2. We maybe second on the free kick differential count at the moment but we know it’ll change, when we most need the umpires to ‘favour’ us.

Umps will flip our position with the Dogs in round 5

its not about the number of frees, its more important where they are paid and if they result in shots on goal.

ie. The Stringer free against cost us a goal and they also got one the other way.

6 Likes

Its also what they don’t pay especially when it comes to incorrect disposal

3 Likes

When did they change the rule about how long you need to hang on to it to be played a mark?

A number of times in our F50 they lost possession of it a split second after the initial grab but the umps were like teenagers losing their virginity.
Blow too quickly.

3 Likes

Maybe there is a benefit to getting into the contest first and playing the ball hard.

1 Like

The Ump that awarded that free (it wasn’t a free) to the Saints & then doubled with the 50 mtr penalty should NEVER be able to umpire another AFL game again. How out of touch can you be to award the 50 mtr when in all likelihood, Stringa didn’t hear the whistle.

This ump by his actions tried to dictate the result of a game IMO … should be sent to the Wimmera for a month as a warning to the other maggots

3 Likes

North v Carlton was subjected to one of the most biased displays of umpiring I’ve seen for quite some time. May not have made much difference to the result but they were totally shafted.

Not looking forward to our game v the chosen ones n round 13.

The whistle is blown for a mark too, so Jake may have heard it, assumed it was for his mark, and played on which is his prerogative. The 50 was wrong.

3 Likes

Eww