Blatant cheating by umpires - “having a ‘mare tonight” (Part 1)

It almost felt like afl directive was - Just knock bombers out of finals race,- 1 more loss, help eagles out, no-one will notice.
Then wow, surprised they won well lets help poor old North out with a umpire advantage, then when finals over for dons will even up against pies.
Oh no they beat North too, well better help pies out next week and will give them a few cheap ones against the gold coast after pies win…

4 Likes

I would have liked to have seen what the free kick differential would have been against Sydney had we won this and the next couple. 3 to 40?

3 Likes

Even Sepp Blatter would be under qualified, for a job as an AFL umpire.

5 Likes

Would rather we stood up for once and cop the hate from the brave keyboard warriors than rollover per usual.

Why write to the afl? Just burn the farking place down.

15 Likes

this thread is the best example of a self fulfilling prophecy. The Umps think we’re sloppy and undisciplined. The more the fans abuse the hell out of the umpires (especially when they get decisions right) the more they’ll be resistant to pay any free kick that the fans howl for. They me be broadly incompetent but they do not cheat. They do exactly what any person does who thinks they’re being targeted unfairly. You imbeciles who think it’s a grand conspiracy to prevent the club being successful are a huge part of the problem.

Ever watched a West Coast home game?

4 Likes

I don’t think they are cheats either.

I think they are doing exactly what they are paid to by the AFL.

5 Likes

Conspiracies around an AFL directive to Umpires to make us lose sound completely fanciful…until you recount the last 5 years.

3 Likes

You don’t really think there’s a conspiracy do you?

What has that got to do with 50k feral Essendon nuffies abusing umpires every week for decisions they get right?

wow

Its not that they are incorrectly paying the ones to the opposition, theres still only a couple of Howlers.

Its the fact they are missing 10 + free kicks for us. And the other team get message they can hold the ball do 360s and not be penalised.

The other thing they have done in the past, not so much now was force us to play on after like 2 seconds, but with mckenna and saad we are doing that anyway. So now they have changed it to forwardline to rush Stringer and McKernan.

Umpiring definetly feels worse last 3 weeks than the rest of the year, not that it was 100% fair then either, but felt like they were only missing a few, not missing 2 out of every 3 free kicks.

5 Likes

The AFL quite clearly run the AFL as entertainment.

They consistently make changes to the rules and other elements of the game to ensure that they are maximizing returns for the game and their own grubby fingers.

If you don’t think they have influence over the umpiring then you are naive.

11 Likes

That’s true, it’s definitely the ones they don’t pay… and you have to ask yourself why they don’t pay them… And it’s got a lot to do with 50k clueless idiots abusing them every they pay one the other way…

If thats your reasoning, how do you explain the Eagles and Crows getting such a home ground adavantage and lots more frees than opposition.

I think the crowd helps us.

Umpires just arent paying them, and its not due to the crowd!

If crowd was a GWS, GCS or North size crowd would probably be screwed more.

2 Likes

It’s the same affiramtion, except at the other end of the spectrum. In Perth or Adelaide they hear the noise, they pay the free kick.
When it’s us, they hear the noise and automatically assume it’s not a free kick because the idiots screaming for it are clueless fools who do nothing but abuse them. It’s human nature. Do you think it helps that we booed an umpire off the ground on a stretcher? And unfortunately that sort of behaviour is hardly surprising from a group of supporters that booed one of it’s own players off the ground who had an injury.

I take it you have never seen a game played in WA? That is EXACTLY what happens at every WCE game in Perth.

edit: beaten by Heptides. Point remains though.

4 Likes

No, it’s not. But I guess it’s easier to say everyone’s conspiring against us.

I would throw Adelaide and eagles fans in that category… really, the clueless fools are the umpires as they are missing the free kicks…the crowd is usually about right. only a few idiots yell ball when the player has only had it half a second and no prior opportunity, but there are also some umpires who pay free kicks in those circumstances, which encourages those fans.