Blatant cheating by umpires - “having a ‘mare tonight” (Part 1)

We always seem to get our ■■■■■ handed to us on a platter by the umps when we play the Swans.

Wasn't it a few years ago where we got a free kick paid against us for high contact despite the fact it was Sydney player that tackled his teammate high?

I’m just in shock.

We were bad in the first, but teams can turn it around, and we did! We freaking turned it around and would have been in that game. It should have been a 3 goal game.

What was it 7 goals from free kicks? Plus the couple they got from not paying frees to us eg. The Hurley bump.

They’ve killed my passion for the game. Then to hear commentators trying to place Baguely in the umpire knock, and place the blame on Hurley for the bump, I honestly can not wait until every person in the AFL media, officiating games and running the league is gone. Maybe 10 years from now I can get it back, but the complete lack of respect we get as a team, and the absolute willingness from everyone else to turn a blind eye to treatment we are receiving…

I wish every Essendon supporter would walk out in mass protest the next time this happens, so in 2 weeks time. Really, what would the AFL do when one of their largest crowds stop showing up?

We always seem to get our ■■■■■ handed to us on a platter by the umps when we play the Swans.

Wasn't it a few years ago where we got a free kick paid against us for high contact despite the fact it was Sydney player that tackled his teammate high?

High contact? More like Contact, Goal Defence.

I’m still wondering why they didn’t bring out the screen and a gun when the maggot went down. I’m sure there would have been 40,000 volunteers to put him out of his misery.

1 Like

I'm just in shock.
We were bad in the first, but teams can turn it around, and we did! We freaking turned it around and would have been in that game. It should have been a 3 goal game.
What was it 7 goals from free kicks? Plus the couple they got from not paying frees to us eg. The Hurley bump.
They've killed my passion for the game. Then to hear commentators trying to place Baguely in the umpire knock, and place the blame on Hurley for the bump, I honestly can not wait until every person in the AFL media, officiating games and running the league is gone. Maybe 10 years from now I can get it back, but the complete lack of respect we get as a team, and the absolute willingness from everyone else to turn a blind eye to treatment we are receiving....
I wish every Essendon supporter would walk out in mass protest the next time this happens, so in 2 weeks time. Really, what would the AFL do when one of their largest crowds stop showing up?

Maybe we swarm the field in protest? Would be an amusing sight watching 35k Essendon fans sighting on the ground with no inclination of moving.

Remember Mark Johnson got done for calling a sydney player a weak dog?

karma catching up with the umps

It was 2 umpires short then.

I‘m a dickbrain too.
The crowd reaction made it even funnier than last week, when the Bear saw the ump coming, put his shoulder through his head, jogged away without a care in the world, and didn‘t get a mention in the MRP report.

■■■■. He was k’od? Thought he’d fallen asleep. For those watching on TV, did channel 7 follow procedure and chase the ambulance out the ground?

■■■■ it, I'd honestly wouldn't give two ■■■■■ if players went out and smashed other players ala 1980's style because we may as well hurt teams the way we are being crucified.

Booking my flight to burn down etihad

when he went down I cheered

When i realised he wasn't getting up i went nuts

When i realised it was Troy Parnell I went full retard

Highlight of the night for me

That should of done what they do to horses. Put a curtain round him and bang ( I can't take credit for that line, the guy behind me yelled it)  :lol:

****. He was k'od? Thought he'd fallen asleep. For those watching on TV, did channel 7 follow procedure and chase the ambulance out the ground?

Malcheski should get weeks for that or fine. Bull freakin ■■■■ he had no idea(as reported) where the umpire was. 

consistently worst umpiring ive ever seen, from start to finish.

PS anyone who booed/jeered the injured umpire is a dickbrain and no better than anyone who booed Jobe last year.

LOL, get a grip princess

1 Like

Fark Pannell. He deserved worse.

1 Like

The much maligned Pannell.

I don't go nuts on umps every week.

But that was bad.

Like the OP, l never, ever blame the chumps for the result. l am not about to start now. End of story, nothing to see here, move on.

Sydney's 2nd, 3rd and 4th goals were blatant gifts from biassed umpires. We never recovered our momentum. Sydney would most probably still have won, given our farked-up forward line  — but we were robbed of the opportunity even to make a contest.