Blatant cheating by umpires - “having a ‘mare tonight” (Part 1)

Adelaide copped a hiding from the Umpires. No that it would’ve changed the outcome.

Doubt Fisher is a cheat, he’s just the worst umpire going around.

1 Like

They have ADMITTED THEY GOT IT WRONG

Is this the first time an umpire has officially made a mistake. Amazing record.

1 Like

I’m sure Norfs 5 supporters are still privately seething. Fark them, makes up for flopper Brown looking like he has been shot from the Blitz cannon every time he goes near it

2 Likes

Brown also got a goal from a ruck free where McInerney just stood his ground. The game’s a farce.

Check out Saints best players. Bulldog fans might have good reason to feel robbed

19 Likes

Hope umpires don’t cheat on umpires.

So cute!
image https://i.imgur.com/UjKcbKr_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

10 Likes

Hahaha! That’s great, well done!

Couldn’t give two ■■■■■ about the result but ■■■■ me how long did they let demons hold the ball just then with no call yet on the flip side saints get pinged for half the time?

1 Like

Like you I couldn’t care less about this game, and I don’t know what happened, but I did see a couple of minutes of the game when I turned on the TV and it was on. As I have often said, you can tell from early on which way the maggots were instructed and from those couple of minutes I saw it was obvious they were favouring Melbourne.

1 Like

I can see them booing each other when they fight

5 Likes

Certainly neither of them will ever be wrong

3 Likes

The awful truth about AFL umpires: how often do the umps get it wrong?

Susie O’Brien and Tom Wenn , Sunday Herald Sun

July 27, 2019 5:23pm

The AFL has admitted an umpire erred in a decision that sealed the game for Brisbane in the clash between the Lions and North Melbourne last weekend. Picture: 7AFL

Footy fans have long suspected it, but research has now proven that AFL umpires get one in every five decisions wrong.

Close matches and umpire inexperience are the most likely cause of errant whistleblowing.

But home ground advantage, what quarter of the game it is and crowd size did not affect decision-making performance.

A study of 8000 decisions analysed by a panel of expert umpires found they got it wrong in 21.8 per cent of cases.

Highly experienced umpires had an error rate nearly 6 per cent better than those who had not taken the field as often.

The Deakin University research found games where the margins were smaller have an umpiring error rate of 22.7 per cent.

Out of the 8001 decisions looked at 6260 were found to be correct, 1162 missed and 579 unwarranted.

Umpire Shaun Ryan pays a 50-metre penalty against Magpie Brody Mihocek during last year’s grand final.

Lead author Sean Corrigan said on average umpires made 40 decisions a match, of which 32 were right, six missed and three unwarranted.

“As the score differential increases, umpire’s decision-making accuracy improves,” Mr Corrigan said.

He said umpires could have a bias towards “potentially preventing a team from a scoring opportunity by avoiding making decisions that could impact the scoreboard”.

“Decision-making performance improved as the level of experience attained by the umpire increased, with more missed decisions being made by umpires of low experience and less incorrect decisions being made by highly experienced umpires.

“While the number of decisions made was reduced in the final quarter and quarter segment of matches, there were no changes in umpire’s decision-making accuracy across matches.”

The AFL this week admitted the game-deciding decision to award the Brisbane Lions a free kick against North Melbourne was wrong. Picture: 7AFL

Researchers also found umpires tended to make more missed and less unwarranted decisions that favour the defending team in the backline field of play.

The accuracy of the 8001 decisions was assessed by a panel of four umpires who analysed all decisions from the 2014 home and away season made by 32 umpires.

The research was published in the Journal of science in Medicine and Sport.

Mr Corrigan also presented the findings to the AFL Umpiring Department, where he worked as a strength and conditioning coach until 2016.

RELATED: AFL ADMITS FREE KICK BLUNDER

AUSTRALIA’S SWIM TEAM ROCKED BY DOPING SCANDAL

3AW BREAKFAST STAR’S UNLUCKY IRISH ENCOUNTER

“The increased error rate of inexperienced umpires, caused by a larger number of missed decisions, may be attenuated by teaming inexperienced umpires with those of a high level of elite experience as they miss less decisions,” Mr Corrigan said.

5 Likes

The AFL will come out in support of them both

1 Like

These results are from the 2014 season.

I would challenge them to review EFC games from 2012 up till the Sydney game this year and they would find very farking much more than a 20% error rate by the farking maggots.

4 Likes

Do we trust the science if their basic mathematics are this bad?

Though it was written by Susie O’Brien so not surprised it has errors in it.

4 Likes

That double goal that was awarded against Carlisle tonight against the Saints in the 3rd qtr was an utter disgrace.

Not only did he barely touch the Melbourne player, the Melbourne player clearly staged for the free kick in front of the umpire but what incensed me the most was the umpire was laughing along with the two Dees players as he was paying the free. Carlisle had every right to question the decision in a most demonstrative manner.

Thank fark that decision didn’t cost the Saints the win in the end.

5 Likes

The accuracy of the umpires “was assessed by a panel of four umpires”. Uh huh.

Soooo… decisions were not affected by home town bias, including WCE in Perth?

Pls.

6 Likes