Blitz Player Sponsorships 2024 - seeking interest!

greetings all!

I’m seeking interest from people to sponsor players for 2024. The price is $995 per player.

Therefore it would be 20 Blitzers each contributing $50 to raise the funds for one sponsorship. 40 Blitzers for two players, 60 Blitzers for three players, 80 Blitzers for four players etc.

The extra $5 per sponsorship will be donated to fightmnd.org.au

What do you get personally for the money you contribute? well, truthfully not a lot! The money doesn’t actually go to the players of course, or it would cause all sorts of issues with salary cap etc – it’s a donation to the club.

We’ll receive an invitation for two people per player to attend the Player Sponsor Official Event, a signed jumper per player, two sponsor cards per player, two sponsor lanyards per player and two pins per player. Last year these were allocated among those who put their hands up.

There will also be invitations to a mid-season BBQ at the Hangar to watch training and hear from our coaches, plus invitations to the Captain’s run for sponsored players milestone games (i.e. 50th, 100th 200th etc). Still to be confirmed how many people will be able to attend these events.

But the main thing is, you get the warm fuzzy feeling that you’re helping players feel adored and appreciated (awwww! :heart:)

The other major bonus is that you don’t see ads on Blitz!!

In 2023, we sponsored Brandon Zerk-Thatcher, Anthony Munkara, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti & Sam Durham.

Obviously three of those four will not be playing for Essendon in 2024. If we’d like to continue sponsoring Sam Durham, I need to let the club know by mid January, as there are limited numbers of sponsors per player.

Therefore, if you’re keen to take part, please reply below or send me a PM by Sunday 14 January

Please also indicate whether:

• you’re happy to sponsor Sam Durham again, plus some other ones
  • or would prefer to go with all different players

The money will be collected in early March

Some Blitzers like to take two spots - that’s absolutely fine! I’ll indicate this as ‘x 2’ in the list.
Others are happy to take a second spot if needed to make up the numbers - I’ll indicate this as (+1) in the list.

There will be a separate area for player sponsors on Blitz to discuss allocation of goodies and other topics as the year goes on

cheers! :slight_smile: :koala:

Sponsor List
Total: 76 (+4)

AngryAussie
Anon x 6
Ants
Bigbird
blinkers x 2
Blummers32
Bomb_Doe
bomber001 x 2
BomberAbroad (+1)
bomberbelle
BomberDay x 2
BomberMadness
BomberMcVeigh (+1)
brem06
Chris_1993
Dons1984
Duplicity
Esteban
falcon1500
flatnacka
Fozdog
frosty
GeoffBlethynsGlasses
Glu x 2
Heffsgirl x 2
Hey_Charger
Hoffy
Houli_Dooli
Humble_Minion
Humble_NSW_Fan
HurleyBurley
Jackdaw
jackman7
Kialla x 2
KLRabbit
koala (+1)
lefty
littlejoe1 x 2
loyalandproud
nickers
No.10
PadreBomber
PHBomber
PipetoNul
redbull
Robin_Close Mr
Robin_Close Mrs
ryno1980
saladin
scotty21
SeventeenthFlag
Shelton10
SiMFir Mr
SiMFir Mrs
Soulnet
Stressed_out x 2
sweatyman
swooper
The_Ant
Tombob
vbi (+1)
Warlock_Paul
whippet

1 Like

One please.

Can we sponsor someone not going to leave this time? XD

6 Likes

Ditto! One please!!

2 Likes

I’m in

Duzza forever

2 Likes

In again for one thanks K.
Happy to sponsor Sam again, plus some others.

1 Like

In again, please keep Sam!
(Do we be cheeky and nominate people who have a milestone coming up?)

1 Like

Happy to go again for one thanks @Koala … also like to see Sam D sponsored again, if thats in a majority with other Blitzers.

1 Like

Happy to go again for one thanks Koala.

1 Like

Hi Koala, happy to go x2 again. One on Durham ok and 1 on another. Who are we targeting? Are the Davey boys available?

1 Like

Yep, will go again.

1 Like

Yep I’ll go again - 2 if needed

1 Like

I’m in again this year.
Cheers.

1 Like

I’ll be in again

1 Like

Yep. Count me in again.
Happy to keep Durham.