Blitz

Joined after the saga broke just to get some kind of sanctuary away from the anti-Essendon onslaught on every other medium, and will definitely be staying on now the saga is over!

Yep, same for me

And me.

This place is hard to describe. Been very important for us out of towners during the Sorry Saga.

A source of wit, knowledge, laughs and sometimes tears.

I still canā€™t see us losing a game next year.

Joined after the saga broke just to get some kind of sanctuary away from the anti-Essendon onslaught on every other medium, and will definitely be staying on now the saga is over!

Yep, same for me

And me.

Me tooā€¦

Iā€™ve been posting here 14 yearsā€¦ hard to believe. In that time I moved to Australia and then from it; saw many things happen.

Whilst Iā€™ve spent the entirety of the saga well and truly in the safety zone of North America, it doesnā€™t mean that I havenā€™t been profoundly affected by it. Iā€™ve certainly kept a very, very close watch on everything, especially back in those early weeks and months when much of it was still a mystery and a shock. I didnā€™t have to think hard to see that all my friends were hurting. Itā€™s been hell for everybody. Somehow we all got through itā€¦ I donā€™t think we could have without this place. Itā€™s about the only place where it became safe to talk about it, read about it, even muse about it in oneā€™s mind.

Absolutely, a place to listen to mostly sane people and usually get a smile. Thanks everybody who contributes

Joined when I was 14, been here 15 years so Iā€™ve essentially grown up here. Blitz has made me the sarcastic, emotionally stunted ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  I am today. Thanks Blitz.

I feel a wide range of emotions right now.

A bit like I did after watching the final episodes of Mash, Friends, Frasier, Breaking Bad and World of Sport.

See you all at the 20 year reunion of the Saga.

Other than ā– ā– ā– ā– , is there anything else on the Internet better than Blitz? Donā€™t think so.

Other than ā– ā– ā– ā– , is there anything else on the Internet better than Blitz? Don't think so.

Stick cricket for a fleeting moment, maybe, not really.

Yep, same for me

And me.

Me tooā€¦

Same here.

I love this place. When I was at a low point (joined at the start of being house bound for 10 months) this place picked me up and carried me along.

Even though weā€™ve been through hell, I loved sharing this journey with all here. Going to enjoy our next part of the journey as well.

This is the only site worth belonging to for Essendon news/gossip and other gibberish plus the comics featuring Tiffany. It is also the only site that I can get a laugh out of - some Blitzers are complete fruitcakes when it comes to Aussie Rules. This is online home.
Fark the AFL first then Carltank!

Oi! Some Blitzers are complete fruitcakes even - or especially - when it doesnā€™t come to Aussie Rules.

Oi! Some Blitzers are complete fruitcakes even - or especially - when it doesn't come to Aussie Rules.

No Iā€¦doesnā€™t.

Joined July 2003, first found this place around trade week 2002 I reckon. Thereā€™s probably people in here who werenā€™t even born yet when I joined or were just a baby.

To the people who created this site (Supersonic & Andy) and the ones running it now (RIMFYA) and the mods, thank you very much.

Means a lot to me, especially the interstate match day threads when all of humanity posts there anger at the same time.

What ever happened to Andy, was he a legit person or a bot?

Like many I joined looking for a safe harbour when the saga began. Have met quite a few and made some life long friends.

Also lucky enough to have met my partner hereā€¦

Dammit Blitz Why the hell didnā€™t anyone warn me?

Serious question, do any of the other clubs have a half decent forum? I went over to the FC forum once after we beat them and it was recommended for the LOLs. That place is like a retirement village, I think they have a handful of posters watching their club slowly die. Imagine having to go to bigfooty because your own club forum sucked

Like many I joined looking for a safe harbour when the saga began. Have met quite a few and made some life long friends.

Also lucky enough to have met my partner hereā€¦

Dammit Blitz Why the hell didnā€™t anyone warn me?

The stories boot used to post on blitz in the early yearsā€¦ WOW!

Even his signature pic was explicit.

Were a heap of Blitzers in the Grog Squad yesterday. Atmosphere was fantastic :)

I cruised past at half time. GS seemed to be enjoying their day! Was in the mood to smash a few beers myself.

What ever happened to Andy, was he a legit person or a bot?

Iā€™d love to know what happened to comebackdimma. He was hilarious!