Blitzcast

AND Windy Hill Windsock… They are fantastic too!

3 Likes

Blitzcast isn’t an Essendon podcast.

It’s a bomberblitz forum podcast. It has the humour and theme of the blitz forum in all its glory!

1 Like

Just listened to their latest Podcast based on this recommendation.
Yep, very funny.
I particularly enjoyed their lambasting of Brad Johnson and Mike Fitzpatrick.

Cheers…

1 Like

Is there a current Essendon pod with the same overall feel of the Blitzcast? I love the Lunchtime catchup and Don the Stat but miss the somewhat cynical edge of the Blitzcast days.

3 Likes

Not saying these are like the Blitzcast… but other pods that you haven’t mentioned.

• Essendon People Podcast
  • The Sash
  • The Flight Plan
  • The Don Pod
  • Windy Hill Windsock (who may or may not be back this year)
3 Likes

All the podcasts are awesome but The Don Pod is exceptional

Also a few Extras:
Essendon People Podcast
The Donfather
Don the Stat
DonsCast

1 Like

Blitzcast is the king of all the Essendon Podcasts.

Was an absolutely brilliant podcast.

5 Likes

If you want cynical, The Windy Hill Windsock is the one you want. It was great a couple of years ago, but now there’s a voice on there which is like nails down a blackboard for me. The Sash can get cynical when they have their better hosts on.

It’s a shame about Windy Hill Windsock. They had a good group when they first started. Now it’s a rotating group of whoever the host can find and some of them have no insight whatsoever nor a pleasant cadence.

The Sash is great with Mert. If not, it’s just OK depending on who’s talking.

4 Likes

merts a cynical nino, everythings ■■■■ except stringer he can do no wrong

2 Likes

Stringer is his blind spot, I’ll agree with that.

Yep, Mert makes that podcast. Him and Kingo are the clear standouts…

3 Likes

Love DonTheStat… it really brings something different with an in depth analysis of games. The presenters put a lot of work in and do a great job.
The Sash is also a great podcast. Rob is very good at keeping the discussion on track (and a good interviewer) Mert is good after a bad loss because his rants express how supporters are feeling.
I listen to and like all Ess fan podcasts (windy hill windsock got me through The Saga and i will always thank them for that) but probably enjoy listening to those 2 the most.

2 Likes

I’ve actually been kicking around a few ideas about how it could kind of be brought back, full transparency is original lineup would he unlikely due to operating wildly different schedules and to be honest we aren’t all as engaged with the day to day of the club like we used to be. Plus I’m not in the home of football, Toowoomba, anymore.

There is a lot of excellent podcasts for the club now, and my worry was that we’d just be another one diluting the pile of good podcasts

But I’ve kind of started to rethink that a bit of late, as we were a little different.

Watch this space.

9 Likes

We’ll do another couple of live reaction cast again this season. I’ll try not to pick a game where we get smoked by 20 goals

4 Likes

Ahhh , those were the days. Dingus’ weekly word pronunciation a highlight.

3 Likes

The hero we need…

And can I just say I haven’t enjoyed any other Essendon podcasts as much as I did the Blitzcast. And I think that is because it was a bit different. It was of the people, for the people. Or something like that anyway.

2 Likes

And Ben from his car.

3 Likes

The best part about the Blitzcast, was that you weren’t an Essendon podcast, you were a forum podcast that often talked about the forum’s reaction to games…… with forum inside jokes.

That was what made it. Was absolutely gold.

1 Like