Bomba Thompson

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-could-cover-mark-thompsons-afl-fine-20141120-11ql25.html
Consistent evidence from the ASADA investigation last year recorded that Thompson never encouraged the potentially dangerous and allegedly illegal injecting regime and on two occasions fought to prevent it.

People keep banging on about him bringing in the Weapon, therefore by default, he is a big a culprit as anyone in this whole affair, but read that line above & it sounds like he didn't have the enthusiasm for this injections program as others in the coaching staff did. 

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-could-cover-mark-thompsons-afl-fine-20141120-11ql25.html
Consistent evidence from the ASADA investigation last year recorded that Thompson never encouraged the potentially dangerous and allegedly illegal injecting regime and on two occasions fought to prevent it.

People keep banging on about him bringing in the Weapon, therefore by default, he is a big a culprit as anyone in this whole affair, but read that line above & it sounds like he didn't have the enthusiasm for this injections program as others in the coaching staff did. 

Quoting the age as a source to back up your argument?

I do believe that's a paddlin'.

Ok, I'll put my hand up... I didn't renew my membership for 3 years after Sheedy was sacked - after 15 consecutive years.

I wasn't a member of the SaveEssendon or the SaveSheedy push - I was just really angered at the way it was done and the blind panic that led to Knights taking over. As a member I didn't know of any other way to demonstrate my total disgust at their treatment of a club legend.
If James Hird had been sacked after the Crichton Medal debacle I think I would have made the same decision.

Absolutely. ..in hindsight how badly it was done and to appoint Matty Knights like that & then extend his contract way too early only to sack him shortly after. What should have happened is an exit plan should have been agreed with the Master where the club wins, the upcoming coach wins, and most likely Sheeds would have been a lot happier wi th that. Someone should have sat with him & been groomed for a few years ala Roos Longmire
Any successor to Sheedy was almost certainly dead in the water before they even started. Which was the case with Knights.

I heard as a teenager he went out with a girl, like, two days after his mate broke up with her.
And also ate the last tim-tam.

Both admirable things to do. A man cannot remain ■■■■■ and hungry.

Agreed. Any mate who has a problem with that isn't a good mate. And if someone else wanted the tim-tam, they should have taken it.

More to the point, Wilson spent the first few months of the saga demanding Thompson be sacked, suggested he was a coward who invented a back injury to hide away from the furore, he had far too much power around the club and had led essendon to destruction. All without any evidence, just moralistic grandstanding bullshit. She has never once been held accountable for anything shes written or the blatant hypocricy of how Thompson went from devil to saviour anx back again several times in her "message". The truth is she will simply take any angle that allows another attack on the larger Essendon community. And therefore i would never use anything shes written as proof of anything. Walkley winner for being fed propaganda from Gillon? Deadset farking joke.

More to the point, Wilson spent the first few months of the saga demanding Thompson be sacked, suggested he was a coward who invented a back injury to hide away from the furore, he had far too much power around the club and had led essendon to destruction. All without any evidence, just moralistic grandstanding bullshit. She has never once been held accountable for anything shes written or the blatant hypocricy of how Thompson went from devil to saviour anx back again several times in her "message". The truth is she will simply take any angle that allows another attack on the larger Essendon community. And therefore i would never use anything shes written as proof of anything. Walkley winner for being fed propaganda from Gillon? Deadset farking joke.

I suspect that Wilson's agenda changed when a certain person ( not the AFL ) leaked information. 

Ok, I'll put my hand up... I didn't renew my membership for 3 years after Sheedy was sacked - after 15 consecutive years.

I wasn't a member of the SaveEssendon or the SaveSheedy push - I was just really angered at the way it was done and the blind panic that led to Knights taking over. As a member I didn't know of any other way to demonstrate my total disgust at their treatment of a club legend.

If James Hird had been sacked after the Crichton Medal debacle I think I would have made the same decision.

I was glad I renewed my membership especially after I heard Sheedy referring to EFC as a "great client of mine" when Jacko announced his contract would not be renewed.

according to afl.com.au

fine paid by club (25k)

and bomber seeking a payout from club

Hush money.

There's no way Rapto would cop this.

so ■■■■■■■ sick of all this ■■■■. 

If its true that bomber wants some kind of payout then he can tongue my nuts. Im certain he would of been paid a hell of a lot of coin to be a senior assistant and also as coach last year.

Apparently TheHag got it ■■■■ about & incerrekt again in her zeal to denigrate the club.

I've not read or heard about it ... but Gen Little did apparently, & was none too happy ....

Little responds to article in The Age

November 26, 2014 3:13 PM

In response to an article written by Caroline Wilson in The Age newspaper today,

Essendon Chairman Paul Little has made the following statement.

“The article suggests the EFC paid $25,000 towards Mark Thompson‘s AFL fine, when the Club had consistently said it would not pay the fine,” Little said

“This assertion is wrong. The truth is that the EFC contributed nothing towards Mark‘s $30,000 fine."

“The article also suggests Mark Thompson was sacked. This assertion is also wrong. The club and Mark held many discussions about a role next year but were unable to reach a position that would satisfy both parties.”

“We were very clear that any newly created role needed to have purpose for Mark and add meaningful value to our football club. Our discussions with Mark were held professionally and respectfully”

“Mark is a much loved and respected Essendon person.

He will always be welcome at the Essendon Football Club."

Does anyone think we deliberately leak her crap, so she will write the story, so we can then publicly humiliate her?

Seems to be a regular event.   

Surely, in the public eye, she must be seen as a waste of space amongst all supporters, not just us.

Does anyone think we deliberately leak her crap, so she will write the story, so we can then publicly humiliate her?

Surely, in the public eye, she must be seen as a waste of space amongst all supporters, not just us.

Of courth. 

Apparently TheHag got it ■■■■ about & incerrekt again in her zeal to denigrate the club.

I've not read or heard about it ... but Gen Little did apparently, & was none too happy ....

Little responds to article in The Age

November 26, 2014 3:13 PM

In response to an article written by Caroline Wilson in The Age newspaper today,

“The article suggests the EFC paid $25,000 towards Mark Thompson‘s AFL fine, when the Club had consistently said it would not pay the fine,” Little said

“This assertion is wrong. The truth is that the EFC contributed nothing towards Mark‘s $30,000 fine."

“The article also suggests Mark Thompson was sacked. This assertion is also wrong. The club and Mark held many discussions about a role next year but were unable to reach a position that would satisfy both parties.”

“We were very clear that any newly created role needed to have purpose for Mark and add meaningful value to our football club. Our discussions with Mark were held professionally and respectfully”

“Mark is a much loved and respected Essendon person.

He will always be welcome at the Essendon Football Club."

Let's give Wison some credit here. Little could only find 2 errors in fact. In light of that, this is one of her most accurate articles.

Some say its not worth it,  but I am glad Little gets out there and responds.   But it is a bit of a problem.  Do you deny all the lies,   because once you start selectively denying,  it may be taken that the ones you dont react to are true,   whereas a policy of no comment on anything doesnt carry this danger.  But by not reacting at all,  some might see the board as weak.  Difficult choices.

As to setting her up with disinfomation.  Could be. Its a standard espionage trick ,  used to detect suspect leakers, ( spies)  from within an organisation.  Whether that was the case here I dont know.  

I'm looking forward to the time when he's finally had enough and sends a clear message.

FOAD

It is bizarre* how certain people like to go on about how harshly Bomber was treated. He essentially got a massive pay increase this year (from the expected nothing) whereas Hird has in reality lost a hell of a lot more than $30K (and that‘s before you consider legal fees and reputational damage).
* it‘s not bizarre. Narrative is more important than truth.

AFL reported it the same way the hag did.