Bomba Thompson

A reply to: @CJohns regarding QuoteLink

Over 20.000! messages via email, phone calls and social media to the club from fans can change a boards mind in 24 hours

I have no doubt this is what happened the day of the B&F and the following day.

The board were going to sack Hird. Members stepped in.

Finding the evidence or having a board member come out and say it is another thing.

I don’t get why it’s such an issue. It’s common knowledge that Sheedy was one vote away from being sacked before going on our run in 1999 and the early 2000s.

A reply to: @alex.f.94 regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @Dodga regarding QuoteLink
Quoted Post
bomba throwing his mates at fairfax a bone. \\

Um. This is a little awkward. Who wants to tell Alex?

give it to me straight Dr.

I think he means that the HS is not Fairfax. But then you may have been speaking about his joining AW.

It was speculated Hird would be sacked and Fairfax Media in fact reported Hird had been sacked.

Cheeky, Robbo.

Dear Bomber

Please shut up. Saying things like this doesnt help anybody. Some things a better kept private

Didn’t take him long to get more drama out there.

He just couldn’t wait to open his mouth. Not sure it will stop there either.

Quoted Post

Over 20.000! messages via email, phone calls and social media to the club from fans can change a boards mind in 24 hours

If that’s the case Caro must really, really hate our members and supporters. We effectively nullified her political axe grinding game of spooking our own board into getting rid of Hird. Now we’re electing openly pro-Hird members to the board. Lol. Thanks for uniting us so much! There’s absolutely no way Knights could have us the trajectory we are now on and it’s all thanks to you Caroline. Much appreciated.

WOW! What an amazing article by Robbo. Such big news. Little offered Bomber Thompson a job, in the event, that Hird was sacked. How dare Little strategically plan the future of the Club. Unbelievable. /insert sarcasm.

Hardly news.

I believe Mark Thompson is a Bomber through and through. He loves the club. I’m not sure why any of our supporters would question or criticise a dual premiership player, premiership captain, 2 time B&F winner and champion of Essendon. He has only ever served the club, even when it wasn’t popular to do so.

I think last year would’ve been incredibly more difficult for our fans if anyone else had’ve been head coach - his attitude to the year, continued defense of the club and contribution on fox footy provided relief from the continued negative press for mine anyway. That and he coached the year ■■■■■■ well. He’ll always be a favourite of mine.

The last line (thought Hird would be sacked) puts a different spin on leaving the country without answering. It’s not him being wacko, it’s him forcing the board to consider properly what they’re doing.

At least that’s how I read it.

I think the reason fans and Blitzers are getting their backs up about him joining that crap radio station and now the release of this article is because he is rubbing up Essendon fans the wrong way.

To be honest I think the move to 3AW and now this article is a bit of a slap in the face to Essendon and it’s fans. Of course he is free to do as he pleases now he has left the club but he shouldn’t expect Essendon fans to treat him with the same love and devotion he received when at the club now he has jumped ship and has in some peoples eyes, shacked up with the enemy.

To be honest I thought he was very average as head coach last season and didn’t take it as seriously as he should and a few people within the club feel the same, including some of the players according to some posters on here who attended the Best and Fairest. He was good value at the pressers but that was about the extent of it IMO.

He doesn’t owe the club anything but he should be careful as to not burn any bridges in the process of switching sides, so to speak.

Fair enough you were offered the head coaching gig in lieu of Hird being given the sack and I think most people gathered that after his Best and Fairest speech (he was about as subtle as a gun) but is it necessary to provide an interview on it? No.

He isn’t endearing himself to all the people who supported him last season.

Bomber gives the impression he’s never given a ■■■■ what anyone outside the club (including supporters) think. Big big leap from there to not caring about the job and the players. Heard nothing about that from anyone who played under him or coached alongside him.

Its all stale news.

A reply to: @Henry’s Angry Pills regarding QuoteLink

Bomber gives the impression he's never given a ■■■■ what anyone outside the club (including supporters) think. Big big leap from there to not caring about the job and the players. Heard nothing about that from anyone who played under him or coached alongside him.

True, he doesn’t seem to give a ■■■■ what anyone thinks of him, but he’s always, in his idiosyncratic fashion, very respectful of supporters.

At the same time, I expect him to have a special commentary style very much like Malcolm Blight’s who, once behind a microphone made very little sense at all.

Good luck to him anyway.

1 Like

I don’t really see what the fuss is of him getting a job with 3AW. I think he will be the sole person on the football team there that will keep her accountable in any way. He really doesn’t seem to respect her all that much and i don’t think he’d treat her like some goddess like others do which makes me sick. I look forward to their exchanges and seeing him put her back in her box on occasion.

1 Like

A reply to: @benny regarding QuoteLink

I don't really see what the fuss is of him getting a job with 3AW. I think he will be the sole person on the football team there that will keep her accountable in any way. He really doesn't seem to respect her all that much and i don't think he'd treat her like some goddess like others do which makes me sick. I look forward to their exchanges and seeing him put her back in her box on occasion.

Prepare to be disappointed I would say.

A reply to: @Black Kavanagh regarding QuoteLink

I don't really see what the fuss is of him getting a job with 3AW. I think he will be the sole person on the football team there that will keep her accountable in any way. He really doesn't seem to respect her all that much and i don't think he'd treat her like some goddess like others do which makes me sick. I look forward to their exchanges and seeing him put her back in her box on occasion.

LOL… i hope not. surely Bomber will not fold like Lloydy…

Bring back Grant Thomas.

It could be viewed as a infiltrating the enemy type scenario, (the AW job), placing a pro Don person into the vipers nest.

But from what I’ve read his role to be so far, what is making people think he’ll be within a bulls roar of the Hag on any occasion?

Bring back Grant Thomas.

2nd. Didn’t realise how good he was until he got fired for actually doing what he was employed to do.