Bomber Beer

Dons fans, do you like to drink?

10 Likes

Yes, frequently. For me through the Brisbane game in fact! :joy:

They should sell these beers at the Bomber games!! Iā€™m a cider drinker but would make an exception here!

1 Like

Yeah I drank a fark load last season just to fkg get myself through it

2 Likes

No but I get one on the glass when I pour it out of the can into my bombers glass.

4 Likes

And really - a kolsch? Surely a schwarzbier or red ale would be more appropriateā€¦

(Or both - and you donā€™t know which one you get til you open the can!)

6 Likes

A dark beer with red foam. Like a cherry stout or something. Make it happen, Colonial.

4 Likes

Kƶlsch is a product which has a protected geographical indication (PGI) per EU law.[2] The Kƶlsch Konvention (de) defines rules to be followed to allow a beer to carry the name ā€œKƶlsch.ā€ Such beer must be brewed within a 50 km zone around Cologne, Germany.

Um?

1 Like

Maybe theyā€™re getting around the restriction on the name by leaving out the umlaut?

(a lot of non-German brewers makes kolsch, dunno what the deal with the name is)

3 Likes

Can someone send me one? I just want a can for the mantelpiece

3 Likes

It happens with Belgian beers too. Brewers round the world often get around it by saying things like ā€œKƶlsch-styledā€ or ā€œLambic-inspiredā€. Many these days donā€™t even tend to bother. They might get a letter at most, but I think itā€™s mostly gotten out of originatorsā€™ hands.

It seems like itā€™s only available as an online slab order? Or is that just pre-order? I only want a six-pack and my cousin lives in Port Melb and can easily swing by Colonial, but maybe they arenā€™t selling them like that?

It could depend whether it is registered here as a geographic indication and therefore protected. Registration protection is usually negotiated between countries.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure how they work around it but 4 Pines do a fantastic Kolsch. I look forward to trying the Colonial one.

Not exactly going to appeal to the masses though is it? And this Kolsch Ale is pretty stock standard, very much a craft beer for the masses.

Shouldā€™ve made their new RIS the Bomber beerā€¦ Itā€™s black as the ace of spades and at 11% will knock you on your ā– ā– ā– ā–  harder than a Patty Ambrose hip and shoulder!

2 Likes

Itā€™s pretty meh as a beer. Definitely reckon the 4 Pines is better IMO.

1 Like

Yes, what a beer that is.

I will mate :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Donā€™t want a slab but wouldnā€™t mind a six pack, anyone want to go in on a slab together? 4 people, a six pack each anyone interested?

Old family heirloom:

Screw your spoiled hipster beer!

17 Likes

Why do you hate capitalism?

2 Likes