Bomber magazine - must read

I wish they'd bring back the photos of players growing up. Apart from that - great mag. I especially love the EFC FAMILY 2016 page which mentions Bomberblitz in the player sponsor list and a couple of esteemed Blitzers in the Van Diemen Dons list.

Not all apparently

I wish they'd bring back the photos of players growing up. Apart from that - great mag. I especially love the EFC FAMILY 2016 page which mentions Bomberblitz in the player sponsor list and a couple of esteemed Blitzers in the Van Diemen Dons list.

Not all apparently

Seemed to just name the board.

And they forgot there Purple Bombers altogether.

Not all apparently

Seemed to just name the board.

And they forgot there Purple Bombers altogether.

And names the Collins St Dons Members twice (with a couple of amendments)

Good read but a little disappointed that they didn’t do a review on all the players of 2016 plus more of a rundown on the winners 2016 Crichton medal
night, like previous Bomber magazines.

Mine arrived today in the UK. Impressive quality, except the reversed front and back covers brought the usual smartarse comments at work about printing so those down under could read it too

Hey all,

Long time lurker, first time posting here. I’m Ben the designer and producer of this years Bomber Magazine.

I’ve worked on the magazine for the last 3 years, as an Essendon supporter growing up as a kid it has been an honour. Thank you all so much for the feedback on this years magazine, this year in particular we wanted to make some changes for the better and we’re glad to see the response is mostly positive.

The Bomber Mag has been a challenge over the last few years due to the growing amount of content we release through our media channels (website, social, video etc) our focus was to give the members an insight of the club, for 2016 and next year and making the magazine relevant throughout the 2017 season.

In saying all this I’ll keep an eye on the thread for next seasons review/preview as I’m open to ideas and feedback on what you would like to see in future editions and I’ll do my best to see what we can do.

I wish they'd bring back the photos of players growing up.
Funnily enough we discussed this after this years magazine after looking through some of the older magazines.
Mine arrived today in the UK. Impressive quality, except the reversed front and back covers brought the usual smartarse comments at work about printing so those down under could read it too
There were so many "Oh no, did you know it's been printed upside down". Brillant by your colleagues though.

Look forward to hearing any suggestions for next years magazine,

Go Bombers!

Drop the massive spacing.

Really? The best thing about the magazine in recent years is the layout and fonts that people can read. I used the hate it when the text was 10pt red on a black background - needed a magnifying glass and just the the right amount of lux and the page held at a weird angle to read it.

Agree with Mr Boot here. The massive spacing, as he puts it, is terrible. Other than that, good read.

Have to be careful that the material is different to that which we’ve already seen/read online.

Really? The best thing about the magazine in recent years is the layout and fonts that people can read. I used the hate it when the text was 10pt red on a black background - needed a magnifying glass and just the the right amount of lux and the page held at a weird angle to read it.

Yeah that wasn’t to flash, but this latest one is reminiscent of a primary school book.

The text layout made me think “mobile version”.

Hey all,

Long time lurker, first time posting here. I’m Ben the designer and producer of this years Bomber Magazine.

I’ve worked on the magazine for the last 3 years, as an Essendon supporter growing up as a kid it has been an honour. Thank you all so much for the feedback on this years magazine, this year in particular we wanted to make some changes for the better and we’re glad to see the response is mostly positive.

The Bomber Mag has been a challenge over the last few years due to the growing amount of content we release through our media channels (website, social, video etc) our focus was to give the members an insight of the club, for 2016 and next year and making the magazine relevant throughout the 2017 season.

In saying all this I’ll keep an eye on the thread for next seasons review/preview as I’m open to ideas and feedback on what you would like to see in future editions and I’ll do my best to see what we can do.

I wish they'd bring back the photos of players growing up.
Funnily enough we discussed this after this years magazine after looking through some of the older magazines.
There were so many "Oh no, did you know it's been printed upside down". Brillant by your colleagues though.

Look forward to hearing any suggestions for next years magazine,

Go Bombers!

Thanks for dropping by.

I’ve always liked the Crichton medal votes by game, with a full end of season tally (not just the top 10). It is an opportunity to know what the coaching staff thought of the players in each individual game.

The text layout made me think "mobile version".
Will look into this next year.
I've always liked the Crichton medal votes by game, with a full end of season tally (not just the top 10). It is an opportunity to know what the coaching staff thought of the players in each individual game.
Thanks for having me :). Good idea, I wasn't aware this is how it use to be.
Have to be careful that the material is different to that which we've already seen/read online.
Yep, agree. This has been a challenge over the last few years and the reason we had some player written articles and interviews that were magazine exclusive.

Yep, I found the mag to be a bit of a “highlights package” of everything released in various forms throughout the year. The mag is great for those who tend to not pay close attention throughout the year.

I second the idea of some dedicated new things specific to the magazine.

I’m also of the "hate the double spacing’ persuasion. My first impression was that there was not enough content to fill the space.