Bomber Players can "Walk"

Nothing during this saga has been released without having some sort of agenda behind it. This news isn't cool.

Meanwhile in other news, Essendon players are reported having some well deserved down time with their close personal friends from the club and simply want to enjoy life and forget about football for awhile.

If the AFLPA feels strongly about this, perhaps it would have been better to make the offer in confidence to the players and avoid the loudspeaker diplomacy which is just throwing more chum into the water.

I'm most worried about Goddard.

Why? On what grounds could he walk? Didn't realise we breached his duty of care in 2012.

Very good point. Also I doubt Goddard would leave even if given the option. He has been as much red and black this year as anyone could have hoped for.

I really hate football at the moment.

I have zero interest in Afl footy at the moment, zero

Nothing during this saga has been released without having some sort of agenda behind it. This news isn't cool.

"Whilst we have met with all player managers involved and had numerous discussions with Essendon players, we are not aware of any particular player who is seeking to go down this path."

The story that keeps on giving.

I wonder if Jetta will use this option.

I still reckon Sheeds only picked Jetta coz he always said we need to get a jet in the midfield. Sheeds loves word association.

I would massively LOL if out of all this we ended up with another free agency marquee signing....

Monday - "Players want to solidify and use this as motivation for next year"

Tuesday - "Players want to leave"

Wednesday - "Players want to aim up in 2014"

Thursday - "Players want to use this issue as reason to break contract"

Friday - "Players to gel and play as one Next season"

Saturday - "BREAKING - PLAYERS WANT OUT OF ESSENDON"

Sunday - "Players mental strength to guide them through 2014 season"

RINSE AND REPEAT

Very real possibility and quite honestly each player is WELL within their rights.

We had no right to set out to do what we did.

However, the only players that leave will be fringe players who need a new start and can push this as a reason for bad form/unfulfilled potential.

A lot of clubs will be speaking to our players...this is for sure.

I was thinking the exact same thing. He is the type of player that is perfectly placed to 'take advantage' of such a policy.
He is a fringe player, has one year on his contract. As things are now, if he wanted to move on it would have to be via a trade (or the PSD) which would redice his options. If this mooted policy was in place then he would have more options.

If this happens then that's it for the AFL for me. Will continue to support the bombers, but AFL in general can fark off.

I think 99.99% of us are in the 'AFL can fark off' camp already.

This story shouldn't have any bearings on that.

l am with you on this, from one Jack to another. 

I would massively LOL if out of all this we ended up with another free agency marquee signing....

Let alone if we "lost" Jetta and picked up someone useful.

Club would barely recover.

Finnis obviously doesn’t watch football. If he did he would have seen the Carlton game. Or the west coast game. Or the freo game. Or the Adelaide game. Our blokes aren’t going anywhere.

Ps if you’re still not convinced just look at the twitter feeds of the players.

The change in the stance of the AFLPA from before Finnis headed to the US on the junket with Andy and Gillon to when he returned was stark! Before their dirty week away it was all about making sure the players were protected and that the process was followed correctly, to coming back and damning the Essendon Football Club and the lack of care they showed to the players. But of course Andy will tell you that due to his upbringing as a boy scout everything was kept strictly confidential and through the whole week they never spoke about the Essendon investigation.

Excuse my French but the AFL can go fark themselves. Death by a thousand cuts.

I want the players to write a letter and each player sign it declaring they have no farken intention of going anywhere and that the AFLPA & the AFL are talking through their ■■■■.

Why is this news today? Finnis, the AFLPA & their legal team addressed the playing group on July 23rd about this. They told the playing group at this meeting that legally they could consider themselves free agents & if the club objected, the club had no leg to stand on in a legal sense because the club was in breach of contract. The impression some players were left with was that the AFLPA were endorsing such a position which (as I've mentioned in other threads previously) left the playing group deflated. Some of the players felt the AFLPA should've been reaffirming support for them rather than "encouraging" them to opt out of existing playing contracts. The AFLPA at this meeting also preempted that the club would "not likely play finals". The results are there for all to see as the club lost 5 of the next 6 games including 4 successive defeats by 45pts or more, for the first time in the clubs history. Make no mistake, Finnis is as much an agitator in this whole saga as Demetriou.

Sure did deflate the players.

i would say finnis is making  vlad content.

"AFLPA chief executive Matt Finnis previously said that Essendon players had genuine claims for breach of contract because of the club's 2012 supplements program."

My question would be: How have they breached their contract? What has the club been charged with? ******* joke. If Essendon players are free to walk because of a supplements program, any player from any club should be able to. They continue to throw around this bullshit without any actual proof of what Essendon did wrong.

There's no doubt a few players that want out.. all I can say , I hope they don't pull through with it, but don't blame them if they did.

If they want out, tell them good, enjoy Melbourne and Casey Fields.

how anyone can be certain anyone wants out is beyond me.

the only ones that have been speculating, note that word, is the press and vlads crew. and they cant even get their story straight.

might be wrong but it would not surprise me in the least if they are all on holidays at the moment laughing at the suggestion, and making them hell bent on destroying ***** next year.

Players have a look around every year for all sorts of reasons. Just what happens.

So I'd be surprised if no-one wants out.

I'd be equally shocked if any guys who want out for any reason at all aren't tagged as "LEAVING BECAUSE JAMES HIRD AND DRUGS AND ERRRMMMAAEGERRRD DRUGS", again, not because it's necessarily true, but because that's what happens.

seriously, that article is like a bully bluffing his way out of a fight with a bigger one. Essendon players have asked if they can walk, (ill kill you man, come at me!) to no player/manager from essendon has asked but they could if they wanted (the sun got in my eyes, youre dead next time!).

i feel slightly dumber for reading it. im past angry.