Bomber Players can "Walk"

There's no doubt a few players that want out.. all I can say , I hope they don't pull through with it, but don't blame them if they did.

If they want out, tell them good, enjoy Melbourne and Casey Fields.

how anyone can be certain anyone wants out is beyond me.

the only ones that have been speculating, note that word, is the press and vlads crew. and they cant even get their story straight.

might be wrong but it would not surprise me in the least if they are all on holidays at the moment laughing at the suggestion, and making them hell bent on destroying ■■■■■ next year.

There's no doubt a few players that want out.. all I can say , I hope they don't pull through with it, but don't blame them if they did.

No doubt?  Based on what?

TV, Paper, Radio......................"sources"

Tends to put to bed any notion of infractions being issued by the AFL at some future date.

I can see all the other clubs, yet again, scrambling to cross their Ts and dot their Is making sure all their programs and player welfare issues are up to scratch. Whatever scratch may be.

I can see clubs going beyond that and having a chat to our players/playersmanagers to pry them away from us by offering them better welfare and well being (and potentially a payment/salary top up).

Anyone who signs a new contract, would not be able to use this to get out later (I.e Hooker, TBC?). If they allow it for current contracts, it must come with conditions that they void it during this trading period or forever hold your peace. Otherwise we would be open to manipulation for years to come. It would still be devastating if there was a player divide now, but could understand if some wanted out.

And Finnis the little ■■■■ jockey can GAGF. Really need the players to come out and make a statement that while they appreciate some of the good work the AFLPA do, could they kindly refrain from creating further undue paranoia publicly and commenting on issues that put further strain on EFC players as a group. They are supposed to represent them all, not just a potential disgruntled few, help them in private…oh and GAGF again!*

*Not what I want the players to say, what I would say if I was them for added effect!

Conflicting versions in the same article in the Hun.

"Whilst we have met with all player managers involved and had numerous discussions with Essendon players, we are not aware of any particular player who is seeking to go down this path," Finnis said.
"They (the AFLPA) have players who I think they've spoken to, who have indicated to them that that's what their preference is,'' Demetriou told ABC radio.

I for one think Matt Finnis is an A grade ■■■■■■■■ who has used this situation to further his career at the expense of our pkayers and their best interests.

its in player manager selfish interest to promote this story, if other clubs think they can sign anyone off our list as a free agent then the $ will flow to them with big new contracts to their stars

Matt Finnis is trying to make a career path for himself. 

Fixed

anyone who wants out let them go.

i dont want people like that in our team.

Good to see hooker signed hoping Tbell will follow.

crameri if he stays good.

if he does oh well might get some draft picks

I’m most worried about Goddard.

(Just a fear, not based on anything but my own perceptions of how he would be feeling)

Am I being too skeptical in saying that maybe the AFL have released this rubbish because Doc Reid refused mediation and wants to go to the Supreme Court? Or is that too long of a bow to draw?

Personally - no, I don't think it is overly cynical or paranoid.

The AFL, no doubt, would've met with him and told him this stuff.

In confidence. As anything about the conditions of one person's contract with another person or body should be.

Finnis is publicly pushing this.

Very different things.

I'm pretty sure, Finnis first floated this idea about a week ago. Didn't get *that* much playtime.

But it's only become a front page headline today - the day after Reid went to the Supreme court.

I don't think it's paranoid at all to suggest the AFL's timing in what is being told to whom, and more importantly when, often coincides with them losing a small PR battle.

I don't think this is any more paranoid than any of the other "coincidences" that have strengthened the AFL's case the day after our case has taken a step forward.

Whether he's doing it because he's a suckhole actually in direct pay of the AFL, or because he's a suckhole who wants to be in direct pay of the AFL, is not that big of a deal IMHO.

no goddard has played with passion all year.

He knows we are a capable top 4 side next year and so on he wont be leaving.

They have gone through this year only gonna get better

I'm most worried about Goddard.

Why? On what grounds could he walk? Didn't realise we breached his duty of care in 2012.

If a player wants to leave then he (i would call him she though) can %^& off so the club can move on....At this stage Essendon do not need players who are not committed to the club and their fellow players.

Whilst we have met with all player managers involved and had numerous discussions with Essendon players, we are not aware of any particular player who is seeking to go down this path.

I'm most worried about Goddard.

He wasn't here in 2012, therefore, was not part of the supplement program, therefore, the club did not fail in its duty of care to him; thus meaning there is no getting out of his contract.

If they want out, tell them good, enjoy Melbourne and Casey Fields.

how anyone can be certain anyone wants out is beyond me.

the only ones that have been speculating, note that word, is the press and vlads crew. and they cant even get their story straight.

might be wrong but it would not surprise me in the least if they are all on holidays at the moment laughing at the suggestion, and making them hell bent on destroying ***** next year.

Players have a look around every year for all sorts of reasons. Just what happens.

So I'd be surprised if no-one wants out.

I'd be equally shocked if any guys who want out for any reason at all aren't tagged as "LEAVING BECAUSE JAMES HIRD AND DRUGS AND ERRRMMMAAEGERRRD DRUGS", again, not because it's necessarily true, but because that's what happens.

If a player wants to leave then he (i would call him she though) can %^& off so the club can move on....At this stage Essendon do not need players who are not committed to the club and their fellow players.

Whilst we have met with all player managers involved and had numerous discussions with Essendon players, we are not aware of any particular player who is seeking to go down this path.

I think everyone's still edgy around here. These sort of stories are going to pop up from time to time, because its the story that keeps on giving. From the passion and unity the players displayed this year, I can't see any of them leaving in this manner. They know what really did or didn't happen. As Goddard himself said, they haven't read the papers throughout this, and they have relied on each other for support. The good will around Hird was obvious. As someone said, this is the AFL and Finnis having another poke at the victim, like bullies will always do.