Bombers Support in QLD

i went up for the game and was sitting right next to the lions cheersquad with my qld based mate! did well seeing the game out as i had this flog brisbane supporter sitting right in front of me and all he would say was have another needle jobe, have another needle bj and so on! i refrained myself out of respect for my mate who was putting me up for the weekend free of charge and even bought me the game ticket! but i so wanted to smash the c##ts head in ! although when paddy kicked that goal in the last as i stood up to cheer i accidently( or was it?) knocked his back which in turn caused him to spill a fair bit of his diet coke& bourban over himself! it wasn’t a great look considering he had light colored pants on

Can this become an interstate/travel thread?
I've got flights and accom sorted for the game against Port Adelaide, tickets aren't on sale yet but I feel when they do they will sell very quickly.
I haven't been interstate for a game - where do you find out essendon supporter areas/buy tickets away from the local ferals?

Great idea for the new thread. I would have liked to know the wheres and hows before I headed to Brisbane for the game. Eg. Would have been good to know about the free shuttle from the city for those with pre purchased tickets. Also would have been good to know that our tickets at the back of the highest stand were going to cost $61.00 each!!!

i went up for the game and was sitting right next to the lions cheersquad with my qld based mate! did well seeing the game out as i had this flog brisbane supporter sitting right in front of me and all he would say was have another needle jobe, have another needle bj and so on! i refrained myself out of respect for my mate who was putting me up for the weekend free of charge and even bought me the game ticket! but i so wanted to smash the c##ts head in ! although when paddy kicked that goal in the last as i stood up to cheer i accidently( or was it?) knocked his back which in turn caused him to spill a fair bit of his diet coke& bourban over himself! it wasn't a great look considering he had light colored pants on

That's a win win as far as I'm concerned. We had similar minded very loud Bears supporters behind us.

I go to a lot of lions games as my wife and her family are lions members (yep I know). That was by far the biggest crowd they have had there for a couple of years I reckon. And the most vocal

Can this become an interstate/travel thread?
I've got flights and accom sorted for the game against Port Adelaide, tickets aren't on sale yet but I feel when they do they will sell very quickly.
I haven't been interstate for a game - where do you find out essendon supporter areas/buy tickets away from the local ferals?

Great idea for the new thread. I would have liked to know the wheres and hows before I headed to Brisbane for the game. Eg. Would have been good to know about the free shuttle from the city for those with pre purchased tickets. Also would have been good to know that our tickets at the back of the highest stand were going to cost $61.00 each!!!
Yep them coloured seats, they must cost a lot haha

I go to a lot of lions games as my wife and her family are lions members (yep I know). That was by far the biggest crowd they have had there for a couple of years I reckon. And the most vocal

The biggest/most vocal overall, or of Bears supporters?

Given The Gabba don‘t believe in playing the winning opposition‘s theme more than once, the spontaneous renditions at the German Club afterwards were fun. The only solidly-packed part of the ground was the 100+ metre arc of Bombers at ground level, from cheer squad goals to our race.

We travelled down from the Sunshine Coast to see our only live game for the year. I would have liked to join in the aftergame Bombers theme song sing along at the German Club Richo, alas there is no wheelchair access. On a sad note, it was pathetic to hear the loser Lion's supporters chanting peptides, peptides phrase etc after the game. Grow up you losers.

Given The Gabba don‘t believe in playing the winning opposition‘s theme more than once, the spontaneous renditions at the German Club afterwards were fun.

We travelled down from the Sunshine Coast to see our only live game for the year. I would have liked to join in the aftergame Bombers theme song sing along at the German Club Richo, alas there is no wheelchair access.

Stevie was there! But I‘m guessing he‘s easier to carry up those steps…

I went to the lions game and the pre-season game vs Gold Coast and i'm afraid that will be all I will be able to attend. (Unless of course, we make the grand final and I quit my job and travel down to Melbourne and spend my savings).

The biggest/most vocal overall, or of Bears supporters?
Both the most vocal overall and from the bears supporters. We are always in the members section around gate 4 and the atmosphere on most days is frickin dead boring.
This was the first time in a long time I have heard the stupid "Brisbane clap, clap, clap" chant get up n going to any high level of decibels in the area.
On the note about the German Club disabled access I think there is a side gate in the front section that is usually closed but I reckon they would open it if you asked..not sure about getting inside the club though..

Wow, Brisbane must have really low standards. If Essendon had played even vaguely well, the Gabba would have been twice as loud.

Wow, Brisbane must have really low standards. If Essendon had played even vaguely well, the Gabba would have been twice as loud.

Yeah it really is quite sad, from an Aussie Rules lover like myself it would be awesome to see bigger crowds.
I did take the wife n co to Anzac Day last year to see the MCG and a decent team in all their glory. Needless to say they loved it