Bombers v Lions Review thread - 2023 round 9

This is a serious issue

11 Likes

Think we’re there, past the peak

Well done lads! You boys played so well, but it just wasn’t meant to be. You boys tried really really hard! So proud. You’ve played all the really good teams now, so that obviously now means you’re going to beat the other teams coming up soon right? Right? I am so excited to see that! So proud. Join each other in a circle, hold each others hands, and sing kumbaya! Because who even cares about wanting to sing the team song, as long as we have fun along the way! Hehehe <3 xoxo

5 Likes

good first half

awful second half

got wrecked in every contested marking situation. bulk turnovers.

9 Likes

What I saw of the second half was peak throw in the towel essington starting with that spud Hind, long long way to go.

13 Likes

Yes, in the entire second half. Some very sliding doors moments that didnt go our way and cues were put into the rack five minutes into the third. So many drifted entirely out of the game, at least half the side. Bad

1 Like

Harris-Andrew’s just said, bombers like to flick the ball around. We expected if we bring the pressure in the 2nd half we’ll get the turnover game going once they tire.
Exactly what happened, unfortunately compounded by too many stupid decisions and bad decisions.

8 Likes

Definitely not the end of the world, this year is still a development year and some of the kids like hobbs, martin, zerk and baldwin were all solid. Once we start playing 4 quarter footy, that’s when we would be consistent and contending, that wont happen for a few years obviously

17 Likes

We beat the snake by 9 behinds

1 Like

Some will say it wasn’t a bad performance, and for half of the game it wasn’t. But the same thing happened as has happened for the last four or five weeks: there was a break, and we knew the other side would come out with increased pressure, and instead of stepping it up ourselves, we fell right away. Brisbane almost doubled our score after we were ahead at half time. There’s no excuse for that. None at all.

Yes, we had a lot of our best players out. But they were out in the first half and we still managed to be ahead at half time, and it was due to our pressure and intensity. We may not have won even if we had kept up the pressure. But it’s bitterly disappointing that we let them walk all over us after half time. I can’t take any positives from that game at all. Not one.

McGrath was our best player by a mile. If he’s not AA this year then there’s something wrong with the system.

7 Likes

I feel like i have been waiting for this for 20 years

1 Like

Hands are becoming a serious issue. Misplaced handpasses, dropped uncontested marks, fumbles galore at times.

2 Likes

Well, fortunately, that was certainly not a gallant loss.

1 Like

We have played 4 games in 18 days against top sides. The players look like they’re struggling to run out games and need rest. The injuries to key players is testing our depth and the young guys aren’t up to carry that weight. The lack of tall marking targets around the ground is evident, as is a big bodied CHB.
Despite the losses, I believe we’re building a system that can hold up and see us becoming a consistent finals side.

26 Likes

It’s a development year where 5-6 players who need development are injured. The timeline gets pushed out. So frustrating.

16 Likes

i do feel bad for you nino since i havent even lived 20

Our second half was pathetic. Umpires can get farked too.

3 Likes

I see we only kicked 6 goals for the whole game. Yuck. I don’t know if ANZAC day broke the team, but it ■■■■■■■ broke me, I feel like I won’t be able to watch for a while.

7 Likes

Postives
Good 1st half
McGrath played a fatastic game on Cameron
Hobbs coming out party, great game
Team defence (they average well over 100 we still played well in the back 50)

Negatives
Rinsed in the air
Fwd entries horrific
Zero foward pressure to keep the ball locked in
Senior mids missing the 2nd half
Skills by hand are ■■■■■■■ awful
Hind (i genuinely don’t remember an individual game as bad as that for a very long time)

8 Likes

Yeah there were a lot of ■■■■ ups but comeon people :joy: we are cruising along very well all things considered.