Bombers v Lions Review thread - 2023 round 9

Skills.

Till we can execute more often, at any time, under pressure and not under pressure we won’t win consistantly enough.

2 Likes

I didn’t watch the game.

Glad I didn’t (kept track of the scores on my phone though).

Guessing our midfield collapsed in that second half?

3 Likes

Pushed out beyond 2050

1 Like

Must suck being an Essendon fans that’s under 20 all they know is losing

3 Likes

So proud of this side best I’ve felt since 2001. To not lose by 60 plus today is a huge step forward. Believe people we got this

2 Likes

I know we all hate Joe, but at least he barely celebrates when kicking goals against us.

2 Likes

spot on

I’m really angry.

They still haven’t put up the replay of either VFLW game today.

Five wins in a row now.

EDIT: they put it up seconds after I posted! Laters.

3 Likes

Watched AIR tonite. Great movie. I guess only kicking 6 goals means we had no forward line again. Gotta fix that - a huge problem.

My kingdom for a fkn leader or leaders who steps up when the chips are down.

2 Likes

Collapsed? They were on light posts with their photos saying have you seen this person.

3 Likes

With all of our injuries to key position players did anyone expect anything different to happen tonight?

What I am annoyed with though is the game of older players such as hind and tippa. Both were just bad. Very, very bad.

7 goals down away to lions with our injuries…I’ll take it

3 Likes

I see a lot of north in us under Brad.

He won’t change this team much, and will try to win on system alone.

Unfortunately, you don’t win premierships that way.

2 Likes

Someone has to pass an excuse.

Brisbanes entire injury list hi fived them into the rooms. Daniel Rich.

Take out I dunno

Harris Andrews, Dayne Zorko, Lachie Neale and Joe Daniher out of Brisbane.(ie a couple of their best backs, their gun mid and best tall forward)

We would smack em too at full strength.(like we beat them last time at the Gabba when they had those sort of outs)

Deadset we arent much behind this mob except for a fit list.

21 Likes

Are we still excited about the challenge??

We’re going into games too short.

And we’re playing two ruckman who forgot how to mark since they went on a national press tour for playing one good game.

Doesn’t stop us kicking high to a contest though.

Pretty ordinary second half. When the good teams put the foot down… we aren’t up to it.

28 Likes

My nephew has lost intrest plays soccer now

Thanks Essendon

We’re so not near it.

We have looked better this year than last. Fox Footy types talk about how much better we are.

But we’re not really beating anyone we didn’t beat last year and we’re losing to the same teams by similar margins.

Players we got on the cheap who have looked good probably are getting found out. Durham, Martin, Hind, Massimo and Menzie to varying degrees are not the answer or nowhere near it.

I’m really flat, almost scared to watch the Richmond game next week, and have minimal confidence that we’ll beat West Coast.

We still need a lot more change.

7 Likes

To be fair the forward hardly saw the ball. We had 31 less inside 50s

2 Likes

We were applying exemplary elite pressure in the first half. That completely disappeared once JD got off the leash. It was almost like watching a slow motion train crash, even though they were only 3 goals up for most of that time we never looked like ramping up any pressure whatsoever past half back. Once again, it’s the mids and our rucks

4 Likes