Bombers v Lions Review thread - 2023 round 9

We arent losing to West Coast they can barely feild a team they have to play injured players

We could try playing the raw rookies I guess? That’s our option.

Baldwin got smoked by Daniher.

Yes you do, if your list manager gives you cattle to do it.

1 Like

McGrath saved us from a 10-12 goal loss. It’s these games that Cameron pulls out 3-4 goals and blows the margin to something big. Tonight he didn’t.

13 Likes

First half was as good as we could have hoped.
Second half was horrid, even by our standards.

In the end though, you can’t have 6+ of your best side out, injuries the killer, as per usual.

6 Likes

Very similar to last week. Game on our teams in the first half, ran out of talent in the 2nd half and the bundle dropped.

Really missed a marking target forward of the ball. Weed presented all day but that’s about all we had. Think we missed an opportunity not playing Monty with the amount of ball that came inside defence 50. Love what BDB is doing but selection has been questionable all year.

Hobbs/Baldwin not always the tidiest with disposal but showed some really pleasing signs. Heppell showed signs of life.

Hind - never again.

2 Likes

Been an obvious issue for weeks. Davey isn’t physically ready, Tippa isnt match fit and Menzie (who I think is actually a fairly clever player) doesn’t seem to be a genuine crumbing forward.

It’s probably also partly structure. Tonight looked a little bit like a soccer team trying to score on the counter as it’s first option. Not getting numbers where they’re needed if the midfield delivery is pressured.

4 Likes

That’s not system.

2 Likes

How many more forwards will kick a PB against us this season?

1 Like

It was ordinary, considering what we had out vs them I expected worse.

3 Likes

We didn’t win a contested mark in the air all evening. Barely can take a mark near the wings which means turnovers and straight back into the opposition’s forward line.

Seems too in defense they’ve been almost instructed not to defend in the air unless it’s against the player they are on.

1 Like

You gotta wonder why Snelling is playing twos.

3 Likes

Have your own kids and indoctrinate then

Don’t have any kids

Don’t want to sound rude, but the great southern stand will be bowled over in a few years.

2 Likes

Make some

Same old theme most weeks. Once our pressure drops off we get slaughtered.
Our kids are still our major problem and let us down week after week. We give up over 60 Inside 50’s far too often because our mids are lazy, unaccountable one way runners

4 Likes

yes, but this ignores that the opposition clearly weren’t firing on all cylinders in the first half.

we still had a good half against a very good team, but then when they turned up the pressure our boys folded like cheap deck chairs.

the problem is, was and always will be that this current list is not a high quality list. We have some good pieces, but it’s nowhere near enough.

the first half gives some confidence that the coach knows what he’s doing, but the second half raises the ever present concern that this list is still more than capable of claiming another head coaches scalp given enough time.

3 Likes

They always talk about how they will change and improve things but all i see is the same problems after each loss

We are missing our preferred key defenders , plus the obvious future successors . No surprise that their talls scored most of their goals . I guess that’s a positive in a sense, it was the obvious area of concern that did us in rather than Cameron, Gunston or Rayner running amok.

4 Likes