Bombers v.s Cats Review Thread - Neelded to find a way

What a surprise the game plan gets changed back and we come good. That’s the reason i went along today because i thought theyd throw out the garbage game plan. Happy it happened but also disappointed it tookthat many weeks to do so. Also it was proven half the players including merrett and tippa etc. Were sulking about the new game plan as soon asit got changed back they were back to their best.

5 Likes

Can’t believe they let him run free today.

If Woosha did that the cannon would be getting readied as we speak.

1 Like

They had the game plan of let’s go head to head and beat them. It backfired.

1 Like

On paper I can see why they would think they could win that battle.

We moved the ball very well today.

1 Like

Speaking of which, where are we going to get this cannon from? There are two sitting at Queens Park, Moonee Ponds. Anyone have any suggestions?

7 Likes

I think Lav underrated today. Applied some serious pressure and ran to the right spots, just wasn’t serviced. I’m of the view that he needs an extended run in the seniors to see what he’s got. Tears it up at VFL level, needs to translate that confidence to the seniors. Right now I’d be advocating no changes for next week. Long time since I’ve said that.

12 Likes

We won the 3rd quarter! (only by 4 points)

4 Likes

Joe would be a great insert if Smack is out injured.

3 Likes

Was that the worst game in 10 years from Gary Ablett?
Well done Bombers, beat an awesome midfield, backed yourselves and played in a winning manner. You don’t get beat playing with that intent.

4 Likes

Me too, I prefer Etihad

Tippa was seriously awesome today. He won a lot of 1 on 1’s and even some 2 on 1’s.

The major difference to our earlier season form was being prepared to kick to a contest rather than seize up when nothing presented.

We then attcked those contests maniacally and generally won them.

As such options started opening up everywhere.

Zerrett spent time down back and he and Mckenna and Saad worked well in tight space to create movement.

Hooker was immense.

7 Likes

St kilda or the western Bulldogs will welcome you with open arms.

1 Like

Blitz has one. I’m pretty sure @Riolio has it

2 Likes

We were brave today. Made a massive difference.

2 Likes

Brave with the kicking? For me, words that come to mind are first option, intinctive and fluid.

Only on a few occasions did I think if he misses this we are ■■■■■■.

1 Like

and being brave to do it. It’s one thing to think it, but another to do it. Today we were prepared to take the first option, be instinctive and play fluid.

2 Likes

Yep. Agree. McKenna and Zerrett are good like that.

Ridley uses it well. He created a shot on goal in the third quarter with a lovely weighted kick acoss his body.

Are you guys serious? Etihad is a sewer.

6 Likes

It was a great win, I have no idea what it means or if it was a dead Neeld bounce, but you take it when you can get it these days.

Firstly, our entire attitude was different, and you could see it from the word go. Heppell led the way early, he was just ferocious at the ball (finally) and it was great to see Zerett get back into the zone.

Thoughts:

• McKernan has improved his forward craft immensely since he arrived with us. He is a fantastic ‘back up’ and I’m spewing he couldn’t get a bag of 5 today, because he deserved it.
  • Matty Dea was solid as fark, like he usually is
  • The midfield didn’t look outclassed by a much more formidable outfit.
  • Hooker was superb. Fark Hawkins and his bullsh*t late cheapies, didn’t deserve any.
  • Langford was really impressive, keep him in.
  • Saw fark all of Clarke, but Ridley was pretty impressive. Saw very little of him in the air, but at ground level he was impressive.
  • We surprisingly didn’t miss Hurely. At all.
  • Saad has been a great pickup.
  • Orazio is just warming up.

I’ll take the win, and we’ll see how we back it up before I get too excited. We match up well against Geelong, so the result didn’t shock me.

15 Likes

Clarke’s numbers weren’t great but jeez, for a first gamer he did a lot of the hard stuff. He was constantly getting up from the bottom of the pack.

8 Likes