Bombers v.s Cats Review Thread - Neelded to find a way

I think it was danger. He had the tapes.

Nice work. Great win, lots of positives, but you found a negative and commented on that. Awesome.

4 Likes

Zaharakis was very good today as he often is and reflected in b &f votes. Probably our most underrated player. Always trying to ceate and often goes for the risky attacking play. Runs himself into the ground. Well done DZ.

19 Likes

Sack another coach!

6 Likes

Just got home from the Corner Hotel. A Bombers win followed by the Painters and Dockers, life doesn’t get any better. We needed that win so badly it hurt, now we need to back it up. Just so happy for Dyson Heppell who smashed it open for us in that first half with his intensity at every contest. Jake Stringer finally delivered the sort of game we’ve been looking for. Stewie, Hooker and Smack all superb. And so many others, a real team effort. I cannot stop smiling.

12 Likes

Given what they’ve dished up all year, will take 3-4 more of those wins before I can start to care again

1 Like

Well played Stewart Crameri. Too bad you play for Geelong now.

4 Likes

2014 was the last time we beat them I think we owe those ■■■■■.

1 Like

What a day…
Scottish Highlands :heavy_check_mark:
Ben Nevis✔️
Loch Ness✔️
Bombers win✔️
Back in wifi range so can’t wait to watch replay.
(Glad to see Woosha a bit more prickly with the press)

10 Likes

Has a Geelong side been Physically owned like that in a game of footy in recent times? could of made a feature film on how many times Selwood got sat on his ■■■■ yesterday.

1 Like

The Geelong grog squad left at three quarter time.

ONE SOOOOONG

4 Likes

Or Fark Carlton again

Didn’t we beat them last year?

Amazing the difference it makes when your players are fit.

1 Like

Ditto…and Nairn!

The Golden children getting layed out were my highlights for the game

2 Likes

Also have a look at the little hand pass out to Heppell which set up his goal.

1 Like

Langford and Zerrett hit some good passes out of defence which opened the game up for us.

Losing to carlton is the best thing that could have happened last week. ■■■■■■ 1-2 goal win would have just papered over the cracks.

Ridley superb on debut.
Zerrett back to 2017 form.
Heppell playing like a captain should. In fairness has had a dip the last few weeks as well but respect for the better disposal yesterday.
Laverde a bit hot and cold but I honestly think theres a bit to work with there, presents well at half forward.
Hooker in AA dominant form.

Best thing was the brand of footy. Ruthless pressure from minute 1…its completely over the top to say perhaps but it was almost the best half of footy I have seen any team play this year. Utterly dominant.

I was stunned watching the slick movement, all the 1% and loved seeing the team getting around Stringer and Guelfi in those couple of moments.

Back it up against a very beatable GWS please.

God it feels good to be proud of the team again.

10 Likes

If we were a horse they would swab us…
Great win, but how does that happen. Was on a plane yesterday so didn’t see the game. Looked at our odds saw we were $5 for a win so put a small wager on. Thought I was throwing money away. We were 5 goals up when I got on the plane and I had to wait until we landed to see the score when the game was over.
Watched the replay last night and still don’t know the answer.
Is it a different game plan?
An injection of players?
Feeling tha players have to earn their spot?
Happiness?
Fitness and injury free?
I have no idea so if someone can possibly enlighten me would be appreciated.
Anyway a joy to watch.
Will watch again today for good measure.

1 Like