Bombers v.s Cats Review Thread - Neelded to find a way

2012 like.

This club’s turn around in a week is hilarious.

No one should be dropped after that performance. Yet Hurley & McGrath are ready to come back.
Plus we have young blokes knocking the door down in the VFL.

It’s honestly laughable that we are 3-6, yet look so promising with possible inclusions and VFL form.

2 Likes

2009 like

1 Like

Agreed.

The youth was brilliant but for me it was the senior players who lead them.

As good win yesterday was I still believe it’s too little too late for the season and mathematically we can make the 8 but highly unlikely.

It really annoys me that our senior players haven’t played footy for the jumper or shown the passion like professional footballers.

It’s very much an indictment on the culture at our club and unless they change their mental approach which is now epidemic we won’t be winning a flag anytime soon.

Losing to Carlton was simply a reality of where the club is at with inconsistency. Simply should not of happened, yes most predicted the blues would be brought back down to earth today which runs even more salt into the wound.

Still very confused, bewildered and disappointed after watching the replay it was a top 4 team on the park against the cats

6 Likes

this royal wedding stuff. do they celebrate their women marrying off to hollywood actors as well?

really bizarre.

The second qtr I thought we were even better, could have been 90+ to 16 going into half time. Missed some sitters

4 Likes

Funny how things can change so quickly. Last week we looked 5 years off being even close to contending. This week I’m wondering how tf we’re going to fit Francis Hurley McGrath Parish Joe Gleeson into this well oiled machine…

19 Likes

Finally produced some pressure. We were on record pace in the 1st half on Saturday before it fell away slightly towards the end. And used the ball well for a change. Amazing what happens when you’ve got a bit of confidence.

But ■■■■ me Geelong were utterly utterly dismal. Their pressure at the contest was non existent. We put them off the dinner real quick and they didn’t fire a shot until a couple of junk time goals late.

So let’s see if we can bring the same pressure and commitment again week after week and maintain it against a side who actually fires a shot.

Heart says we need 2 of our next 3, If we can do that 7 from our last 10 isn’t out of the question based on that form.

Head says we have bottled the season.

That would only give us 12 wins. I reckon you’d want 13 to be sure.

we’ll get to 10 wins and lose to St Kilda at Etihad in Round 21. cause Essington.*

*this wont actually happen. No way we’re winning another 7 games in the next 12.

Cuddles ?

Think 12 will be just enough if % can get to 105-110 but agree 13 is guaranteed.

Tall order for sure.

1 Like

I was listening to the ABC round up this morning on the way back from the dentist.

Someone texted in and asked if Essendon can still make the finals. Faine laughed but the guy hosting with him said if we win another 9 games we wouldn’t be far off.

Is that correct ?

That is absolutely correct.

12 wins with a decent % (+105) will almost always get you in.
Obviously, we just need to see if we can back up that performance, and we’ll be facing a hungry opponent on their home ground this week.

Not easy…

2 Likes

12 wins would almost get us in. But given we’re not winning another 9 games it’s a moot point.

1 Like

GWS are a rabble at the moment. Just watch them come out all guns blazing on Saturday night and absolutely smoke us who’ll resume usual transmission…

2 Likes

It’s factually correct but I think just hoping for the side to compete each week would be more realistic.

We are capable of beating any side except those that are bottom 6.

If we win the next three then we can start dreaming.

3 Likes

Lol, one win in 4 weeks and we are talking about finals. Remember we lost to carlton 7 days earlier who yesterday got smashed by 18 goals.

22 Likes

We still have 5 interstate games to play, and we have to play Richmond twice.

I know we could do anything on any given day, but it would have to be considered highly unlikely. I’d actually prefer we wrote the year off, and started prepping the side for 2019.