Bombers v.s Cats Review Thread - Neelded to find a way

Stack the defence at the start of each quarter!

1 Like

Lot of work to still do, but this was a good start. Have to beat the Giants who are out of form comphrehensively.

2 Likes

awesome game…finished watching the game again and called the same things…

On e think I notice is that number 22 umpire Mr Cork Soaker. I’m realy not sure he knows the rules of the game …either that or he wants to be know as mini me McLaren, Ovious high to tipper paid the othere way and a Selwood high that wasnt there,I think he has form with us in thepast…even so he couldnt cheat enough to cause us to lose

If the boys can bring this intensity for the rest of the year we are looking good for a deep finals result

Go Bombers

Don’t agree with the whinging about the htb against tippa. He rolled the arms up to make it high, just like Sellwood does but never gets pinged for.

1 Like

We know they won’t, so don’t bother getting your hopes up

The only umpire howler I remember was when they got a 50 for Baguley or someone running too close to the guy who marked it and then literally 30 seconds later down the other end, one of their guys ran through the mark after Hooker marked it and nothing was called. Even the TV commentators picked up on it.

4 Likes

Reckon we would’ve still won if we lost our points. 23 points down only.

4 Likes

This is the first game this year that I actually loved watching us play. We were exciting, organised, dominant.

We had glimpses of this last year. Can only hope we see the same next week.

5 Likes

It might help if the quarter had started too.

2 Likes

Never seen a bunch of Essendon players work their butts off like they did in years has to be the bench mark.

6 Likes

Just a small thing, but I loved that whenever one of our boys was at the bottom of a pack a team mate would pick him up or give him a pat and a word of encouragement. They played with real care for each other and revelled in the 1%ers.

11 Likes

gws are down because they have a huge injury list. and they no longer have the depth anymore.

1 Like

GWS injury list. From this, Phil Davis will come in. Can’t imagine them bringing Josh Kelly straight in - he’s been out a least a month (maybe longer?).

Other than that, perhaps Patton comes in.

Edit- Reid injured himself during this week’s game too. So he’ll come out. Lobb was listed in the injury report too. Unsure if he’ll get up. Anyone heard anything more?

Cameron looked to have taken a big one in the glute. Possibly miss, or play injured.

Goodness me yes.

can’t win milestone games but no worries if there’s a royal wedding scheduled that weekend :joy:

11 Likes

This is what you get when you become an inclusive club.

Loved Xavier’s response!

3 Likes

Amazing what a win does for you.

Almost cant wait to get back to the G for Dreamtime.

5 Likes

Just finished watching the first quarter.

Not sure what happened but I haven’t seen pressure and teamwork from our side like that ever.

Geelong actually shat their pants and had no answer.

Dea was excellent with his body work and intercepting. No chance he gets dropped after that.

The most noticeable thing for me is the hard running through midfield when chasing an opponent. No coasting behind trying to look like you are chasing.

Around stoppages the body work from Clarke was excellent. Didn’t get many touches but that will happen when playing a defensive role.

As been mentioned many times the celebrating the little things was clearly on show.

If this sort of spirit is shown throughout the remainder of the year we can beat any side on its day.

That’s a big if though.

5 Likes