BomberTV

Hi guys,

Thank you all for such great feedback so far. Just briefly, here are my thoughts on some of your comments:

• Completely agree about keeping our YouTube content ticking through. I have only been at the club since May '14, and have been making a solid push towards both the website and YT. I will make sure that continues.
  • Will make more of an effort each week to get some VFL content to you guys - however, be aware that the vision provided from those games (as not all are broadcast), can be awful. Sometimes even unusable. But will keep working at it.
  • Love the smart TV app idea. Definitely something to consider.
  • Single player performance reviews arenā€™t always a great idea. Players dont always want the magnifying-glass-over-ant treatment each week, but Iā€™ll have a think about what we could do.

And @ wannabe , if you are having problems playing vids on the website at work, it could be something to do with your flashplayer on that computer, or maybe even a firewall issue. Iā€™m not sure of any way to actually troubleshoot the issue, except for asking your IT guys.

Anyway, time to leave for work. Keep your eyes peeled over the next few days. The #DonsChallenge will be coming to you soon - in 3 different parts.

Cheers Bomberfans, have a good day.

To Tomm and everyone involved with bombertv thank you it really does make the summer without footy pass quicker.

Would love to see a weekly video where we get to know a player on the list, for eg. 5 - 10 minutes about himself,his journey to football,his world outside of footy.where he seeā€™s himself in the team. Just general interesting football discussion on a more serious level
Then maybe on social media get fans to write in some questions during the week and get your top questions to be answered at the end of the video.

I share the sentiments on VFL stuff.

If you got it done really well at each game (possibly/probably not possible at some grounds due to infrastructure and practical limitations etc.) and sold it as an optional add on to membership package - say $60 a season for all games downloadable Iā€™d say youā€™d get a fair few bites.

I know thatā€™s a big ask but I do think itā€™d be pretty popular at the right price point (which may be less or more than the $60 I said) and could be lucrative for the club. Always good to be at the cutting edge with this sort of stuff too.

This one is worth a look guys: http://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2014-12-19/btv-dons-challenge-part-2

If Tomm puts up more VFL video heā€™ll put me out of business, as with the AGM videosā€¦

Love ya work; the steady trickle of content is one of the greatest ways to convert casual fans into hardcore types.

@Tomm_vdv if possible can vids go online the same time on the youtube page and the efc page? sometimes the vids on efc donā€™t load at all.

A reply to: @Tomm_vdv regarding QuoteLink

This one is worth a look guys: http://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2014-12-19/btv-dons-challenge-part-2

After watching that, surely we can wait without ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– , until itā€™s proven that we are NOT guilty, these guy are awesome, you can just sense they want to see Essendon succeed so much, we have to be behind them every step of the way

Hey crew, sorry for the momentary silence. I have been enjoying my annual leave, and will be dusting off the cobwebs and getting back into it soon. Stay tuned.

hopefully your leave was refreshing

some footage of training would be great

a specky from Laverde, a dash from Long, a goal to Joey.

I can pretty safely say everyone here would love to see these types of things.

Years ago, BomberTV had interviews with the coaches at the end of the season whoā€™d offer a general review/feedback on each player on the list, which was fantastic.

Every player was spoken about for a good 2-3 minutes - how they progressed throughout the year, some highlights, what they need to work on heading into the following season, etc - and I found it really interesting.

I remember GOD and Wallis were two that did most of these, giving their thoughts on the players that they spent the most time with (eg GOD would handle the reviews for each of the midfielders, Wallis for each of the backmen, etc).

It would be great if we had something similar heading into the season, where each players is discussed in some detail, just to get an idea of what the club expects/hopes to see from them in 2015.

Also, other than the behind-the-scenes training footage/interviews, the best thing about BomberTV has always been the Essendon-only highlights. If you can bring these back, youā€™re a rockstar.

I just want some scratch match footage. Seeing Joe for the first time and some other players in pre-season 2 years ago or whatever it was was awesome.

Thanks for all the feedback! Will take it all into account. Just as long as you guys remember that we donā€™t have unlimited resources or man power (yetā€¦), but weā€™ll do the best we can in the meantime.

But how about an update on the hard-to-understand irishman?

A reply to: @Tomm_vdv regarding QuoteLink

Thanks for all the feedback! Will take it all into account. Just as long as you guys remember that we don't have unlimited resources or man power (yet...), but we'll do the best we can in the meantime.

But how about an update on the hard-to-understand irishman?

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2015-01-20/btv-conor-mckenna-update-january-20-2015

Get tomm a payrise!

Tom,

Firstly, great piece on Conor.

Thereā€™s a fine line between providing information / entertainment to the members and giving away key secrets to the opposition. The reason I watch the bomber TV clips is to get insight into the progress of players and the strategy and decision making of the club. From a purely interest factor, more substantive the better. If you put up the overview cam and gave a breakdown of the center square or forward line strategies, it would be amazing viewing. It would also lose us the next game.

The reason the Conor piece worked was the info was interesting, it wasnā€™t standard afl preseason stuff and didnā€™t shoot us in the foot. Other clubs will know an Irishman would have those issues to overcome, but it is great for us as fans to see how heā€™s throwing himself at it. The medical reports are a similar example of a truly informative segment that the fans value.

I guess what Iā€™m saying is if there is something the team feels wonā€™t compromise us on the field, provides us fans with interesting new insight, then get it out there.

And if you can catch a glimpse of the legendary Tiff from Jackieā€™s training reports, Iā€™m sure there will be a lot of happy viewers.

Spot on @Benny40.

Here is a quick update from Bass: http://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2015-01-21/btv-nathan-bassett-training-update-january-21-2015

Steve Alessio updates BTV about the ruck situation.

Also - keep an eye out for the new BomberTV graphics.

Echoing a part of what Benny40 said, anything that is just cookie cutter fluff wonā€™t wash with the footy public any more. There needs to be a point of difference that makes it interesting, engaging and worthwhile watching.

love me a fluff piece.

A reply to: @Gillsy regarding QuoteLink

Echoing a part of what Benny40 said, anything that is just cookie cutter fluff won't wash with the footy public any more. There needs to be a point of difference that makes it interesting, engaging and worthwhile watching.

Or, you can just enjoy feeling that at least for a moment that player x is flying and is getting PBs everywhere and will tear it up in 2015ā€¦

seriously

Suns too bright, skys too blue, grass too green beer too cold.